Chapter Five

Still reluctant to go grocery shopping, I decided to get take out. Waiting for my food to arrive, I text Willow. *Hey are you down to video chat?* it's been a few minutes, getting the feeling she's too busy. I hear a *ding* *Yeah, I can only talk for a bit cause I'm still figuring everything out.* The dial tone begins but it is cut off with Willow's face.

I squeal in excitement, "I miss you so much, how is everything going?"

Willow wipes the sweat that is beading at her forehead, "It's been really good, just exhausting" she breathes out heavily.

" I hope I'm not bothering you" I say feeling guilty.

She assures me "No hun you're not bothering me! How are your classes going?"

My eyes trail off. "The classes are fine but I'm not so sure about my English Lit professor."

She cocked her head to the side in a questioning way. " go on...?"

I rub my neck nervously, not knowing if I should be telling her this. "Well I just had a couple weird interactions with him, he is very stern"

Willow rolls her eyes "Aspen the man is just doing his job" she laughs.

After talking for a little bit, we said our goodbyes. I look at the time and it's already pretty late, I get under my covers feeling the softness against my skin, I slip into a deep sleep.

It's Friday morning and the realization hits me, I didn't finish my essay. I also didn't really have anything else to say. I personally think it would be bullshit to get a bad grade for it when that's all I had to say about myself.

As I am walking through the door, I see a fairly attractive guy sitting in the seat Hannah normally sits in. As I scan the room I see Hannah in the corner with someone. I shrug, continuing to my seat.

Mr. Bourbon follows in after, he clears his throat "So I assume that everyone has turned their essay's in?" He leans looking at the turn-in basket that is sat at the corner of his desk. "This doesn't look very promising guys, you do realize this is graded."

As Mr. Bourbon continues with today's lesson, a piece of paper is tossed on my desk. I read it looking over to the cute guy, "hey" I chuckle.

He looks at me "sorry too corny for you? my name is Ryan''

I smile "I'm Aspen, are you new?"

He looks at me confused. I can feel my cheeks heat up "I'm sorry, I don't really pay much attention"

Ryan was about to speak until Mr. Bourbon cuts in "Mr. Morgan, is your conversation with Miss Heineken more important than my class?" Mr. Bourbon's eyes darken.

I think to myself, why am I being targeted? I also thought it was weird that he called Ryan out, when there are a lot of people who talk when he's teaching.

Mr. Bourbon carries on, "So our first project will be a class magazine, you will choose a subject that is interesting to you but also educational to others. You may also choose a partner to complete this project"

I look at Hannah who is too intrigued by the guy she's with, Ryan pouts his lips "second best huh?"

I push him playfully " I didn't think you were interested"

He smirks "Oh I'm interested!" I blush, hiding my smile. I look over and see Mr. Bourbon glaring at me, I raise my eyebrow, turning to Ryan giving him my full attention.

The bell rings, indicating it's the end of class. I tap Ryan "Here's my number, let's get together for the project" Ryan winks at me and walks out. I grab my bag, looking at Mr. Bourbon's desk, it sat empty. I head out, smelling the crisp, fall air as I walk home. As I'm reaching my apartment door I see something, observing the black envelope it is sealed with a red wax stamp. I read the front of the envelope , Miss Aspen Heineken.