Chapter Eleven

I did as I was told and sat there waiting, it didn't seem too long after the call ended I saw Mr. Bourbons car pull up or shall I say Theo. I start the walk of shame over to his rolls-royce, he gets out and is quick to be by my side. Opening the door for me, I slide into the cool leather seats. He must make a lot of money to afford something so fancy but yet lives in an apartment, it just doesn't add up. I feel so pathetic calling my professor to the rescue. After he gets situated he speeds off, feeling the tension build.

I try to break the silence "I'm sorry for being a burden this will never happen again"

His sharp response tells me he's annoyed "Damn straight it won't, what were you thinking"

I roll my eyes "okay dad" the rest of the car ride is silent.

I am relieved to see the complex in view, as he parks in his designated spot.

He turns to me. "Do you realize how dangerous that was? Poor excuses that will call themselves men dont give a shit except for one thing."

I sit there crossing my arms with my head down " I already said I was sorry for bothering you, and I am a grown woman I can handle myself"

He smirks. "clearly not if you're calling me"

I glare at him still crossing my arms. "Whatever, thanks for the ride" I step out, rushing into the building and calling it a night.

Waking up with the worst hangover ever, I groan. "Why did I drink so much?"

I grab my phone and it's dead, I plug it in and head to the bathroom. I look terrible, starting a shower I hop in. Letting the hot water consume me, I hear a knock at my door. I grab my towel wrapping it around me, I look through the peephole it's Ryan.

I open the door, letting him in. I see Mr. Bourbon walks past as I am closing the door, he looks concerned. I offer Ryan refreshments but he turns them down.

"Where did you go last night? I couldn't find you" he says, a little worried.

"Well I went home, you and Hannah were pretty chummy" I say annoyed.

"Aspen, I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry, I was drunk she took the lead I had no intentions in getting with her like that"

I cock my head to the side, raising an eyebrow. "So you're telling me she took advantage of you?"

Ryans eyes trail off "something like that, yeah."

I don't believe his story one bit, but also I really have no right to be mad in the first place. We are both single.

" I came here to take you out, and to apologize for leaving you last night."

I hesitate "please... it's the least I could do" he begs. I agree and I tell him I'll be down in a minute.

We hangout at the cafe for a while before we have to head to class. As the days fade into weeks, It's finally Thanksgiving. Willow and I have talked here and there, she knows everything that has happened between Ryan and I and also Mr. Bourbon besides one thing. She invited me to her parents house for the night, so I grab some clothes and everything I'll need. As soon as I arrive Willow runs out giving me the best hug ever!

While we wait for dinner we head to Willow's childhood room. "So, what's the tea?" Willow says with an attitude behind it.

I laugh at her straight forward question. I hesitate for a minute but she is my best friend. I explained to her the incident that happened after class a month or so ago. She covers her mouth, "oh my god you lucky little bitch!"

We catch up and enjoy dinner together, but tomorrow she has to head back.

"Will I see you for Christmas?" I ask her.

Willow avoids the question and carries on a conversation with her parents. I thought it was very strange of her to do that. I excuse myself and head to her room to grab my things.

Willow follows me. " I thought you were going to stay the night," she asked me.

I sigh, "why did you ignore my question?"

She walks to her bed, flopping down. "Well I met someone, and She is going to introduce me to her parents"

I stood there shocked. "Why didn't you tell me you got with someone?"

She rubs her neck "Well that's not the only thing... I plan on proposing to her on Christmas." Feeling hurt that my best friend wasn't going to tell me her big plans. I congratulate her and walk out.