Chapter 3

Futureseer turned to stare at the direction his brother had taken off from, while Amber and Sapphire were waiting for him.
     "I know, he's a kind doctor, isn't he?" Sapphire remarked.
     "No, it's not that..." Futureseer's voice drowned out. Should he reveal that the dragon who tended to them was actually his long-lost brother? No, he shouldn't. It would only distract them from finding what was most important— the map. Futureseer would tell them another time.
     He turned around to face his friends. "Never mind, it's nothing. Let's get back to finding that map," he simply told them. Sapphire gave a hesitant nod before she turned back around again to head toward the direction of the town.
     "Are you strong enough to fly yet?" the orange dragonet asked. "My legs are getting sore."
     "I think so." Futureseer strained his neck to see his left wing and waved it a little. "Let's take off," he said after checking his wing.
     Amber nodded happily and the three dragons got ready into taking flight. Futureseer leaped into the air and stretched out his wings, catching the air between them. Sapphire flew beside his side as Amber took on the lead.
     "I see you're getting better at flying," he remarked as he remembered all the times Sapphire needed to take breaks from flying.
     "I have, actually. I think I'm getting used to it, considering I spent most of my life in underground caves and swimming," Sapphire replied. Futureseer nodded, wondering about the structure of Reef Beach and how it worked.
     The town eventually came into sight and the three dragons started to slow their pace and land. They would continued how they started— Amber taking watch, Sapphire and Futureseer sneaking in. As they watched for the pair of SandWings near the front entrance to stop chatting and walk away, Sapphire began moving steadily toward the town. Futureseer followed as they managed to get past the gate. Futureseer was beginning to question why the town had walls and a gate if a dragon could just fly over them as he looked around the town.
     They saw a marketplace just up ahead and Sapphire fluttered her wings to take up speed. Futureseer swiftly went there more quietly, not wanting to be caught. An open window was ahead of them as Sapphire quietly flew up to it and went through. Futureseer followed. The marketplace was quite busy, SandWings around everywhere. The shelves were stocked with equipments and other merchandise.
     Futureseer turned around and saw a table with a map rolled across it. He gestured to Sapphire and pointed at the map. She nodded and the two made their way closer to it. Now, the map was right in front of them. Futureseer carefully rolled up the map and took it from the table. He looked to his left as Sapphire fidgeted through her pouch and took out a few silver scraps.
     "This is what we use as currency in Reef Beach— I hope it suits the SandWings well," Sapphire whispered to him as she left three pieces on the table.
     "Wait— you're paying for the map?" Futureseer asked, surprised that she would do such a small thing.
     "I don't want to actually steal it, y'know," Sapphire told him. They exited the store through the same window they entered through and stalked their way toward the front entrance. They mostly stayed in the shadows to make sure that any dragons wouldn't see them. They reached the gate and quickly ran out to rejoin Amber.
     As soon as the SkyWing dragonet saw them, she bounded up toward them. "Did you guys find the map?" she asked.
     "We did," Futureseer said, holding up the scroll in his talon. Amber's eyes lit up with joy and she reached her talon to it. Futureseer quickly pulled it out of reach.
     "Nope. We're not going to look at the map until we can find a better place to hide. We're literally standing in front of the town entrance," he pointed out. Amber fell back and Sapphire helped her up. Futureseer looked up to the sky. It was dimming, but it was still the afternoon. Clouds started forming and engulfing the entire sky.
     "Does it look like it's going to rain?" Sapphire asked.
     Futureseer scrunched his snout. "I don't think it rains in the desert."
     "Alright." Sapphire took off her horn ring and put it in her pouch. Futureseer stared at the pouch for a bit until he remembered something.
     "Uhm, Sapphire?" he slowly asked. "Sinice we're in this whole prophecy thing," he glanced at Amber, remembering her remark the day before, "you have a Twilight Star... but I don't have one."
     Right when Sapphire opened her mouth to reply, Amber interrupted.
     "Are we going to go or not?" she complained. Sapphire quickly nodded and nudged Futureseer's shoulder.
     "Right," Futureseer muttered. He waved a wing at them to signal them to follow. He spread out his wings and took out into the sky. The breezes blowing by, it made the desert feel a lot cooler. Every time Futureseer was flying at times like these, or listening to quiet nature, he felt at peace. As if nothing in the world could ever stop this feeling of calm. Futureseer always felt as if he were sinking deep down into the ocean, with no worries at all. He was brought back to reality when a harsh wind almost threw him off.