19 (S?)

Alhaitham POV

As the weeks passed, the atmosphere between Kaveh and me gradually began to improve. The relentless pressure of our workloads started to ease, and with it, the heavy tension that had hung over us. We were still dealing with the occasional argument, the kind that arises from accumulated stress and frustration, but they were less frequent and less intense.

Kaveh and I both noticed the shift, the way our conversations became less charged and more supportive. The small breaks we took together during work, the shared meals, and the moments of quiet companionship started to repair the rift that had formed between us.

One afternoon, as we worked side by side in the office, Kaveh let out a sigh of relief. "I can't believe how much smoother things are going now," he said, glancing at me with a tired but genuine smile.

I looked up from my own work, nodding in agreement. "It's been a long time coming. I'm glad things are finally slowing down."

Kaveh stretched and leaned back in his chair, his expression more relaxed than it had been in weeks. "I'm actually starting to feel like myself again. Maybe even enjoy my work."

"It's amazing what a little less stress can do," I replied, allowing myself what has become a rare smile.

The workday passed with a renewed sense of ease. We still had our moments of disagreement—discussions that were sometimes heated or laden with frustration—but they were usually resolved quickly, and there was a clear understanding that we were working through our issues together.

One evening, as we wrapped up for the day, Kaveh suggested we go out for dinner. "We've been cooped up in this office for too long," he said, his eyes twinkling with a hint of mischief. "Let's get out and do something fun."

I raised an eyebrow, but the idea was appealing. "Where do you have in mind?"

"How about that new place that just opened up downtown?" he proposed. "I've heard good things about it."

I nodded, feeling a surge of excitement. "Sounds like a plan."

We changed into something more casual and headed out, the city streets buzzing with energy. The restaurant was lively, filled with the sounds of chatter and clinking glasses. We enjoyed a leisurely meal, savoring the flavors and each other's company. The conversation flowed easily, punctuated by laughter and the occasional teasing.

After dinner, we walked around downtown, exploring the shops and enjoying the crisp evening air. It was a welcome break from the routine of work and a reminder of the joy we could still find in each other's company.

As we headed home, Kaveh reached out and took my hand, his grip warm and reassuring. "Thanks for tonight," he said softly. "It's good to have moments like this."

"Agreed," I replied, squeezing his hand gently. "We needed this."

Back at the apartment, we settled into a comfortable routine. The stress of work was still present, but it was no longer overwhelming. We were learning to manage it better, and our relationship was stronger for it. The small arguments that still popped up were usually resolved with a touch of humor or a heartfelt conversation.

One night, as we lay in bed, I looked over at Kaveh, who was reading a book. "You know," I said quietly, "we've come a long way since those really tough days."

He looked up from his book, a thoughtful expression on his face. "We have. It hasn't been easy, but we're making progress."

I reached out and took his hand, feeling a deep sense of connection. "I'm proud of us," I said. "We've managed to get through it together. Just like we said we would."