Lara

Fortunately, after genetic modifications all over the world, at least the concept of gender has been fixed.

Unfortunately, men in this world don't know what a great privilege it is to be able to have no suspicion that the women they meet are really women.

"Victor. Are you okay?"

When I heard Lara's voice, I realized that I had been so lost in thought that I hadn't touched the dish in front of me.

"Oh sorry, I drifted off."

"What makes you think so much?"

"Mom. Do you know when the first man stepped on the moon?"

"I don't remember exactly, but I think it was 450 years ago."

"No, actually almost 600 years ago"

"Really? Wow, even before the first awakening?"

"Yes."

"And why did you tell me that? Are you interested in becoming an astronaut? If so, congratulations, a boy as smart as you can definitely become an astronaut."

"No, no... That's not what I'm talking about. The first car was created 650 years ago and the first engine was invented only 680 years ago. Don't you think technology has developed much more slowly since the first awakening? I wonder if the first Awakening had never happened, would we be in the space age now? I think about it."

When I took my eyes away from the food, curious to see how Lara would answer my question, I saw her looking at me with empty eyes, without any emotion or thought in them.

Is this woman real? I doubled the number of words in the sentence I created in my head to make her understand what I was saying and she still couldn't understand what I was saying? Does this woman have an IQ of twenty? Is she a real idiot?

"Ah ah ah ah... I don't understand what exactly you're asking. Why would we develop faster if people were like they used to be?"

When I looked at the woman who sarcastically admitted that she didn't understand anything while sticking her tongue out and scratching the back of her head with one hand, I picked up my dinner plate and started walking towards my room without saying anything.

"Ahhhhh!"

When I heard lara, the mother of this body, suddenly scream, I turned around, thinking that maybe she had stabbed herself in the hand with a fork or something because of her idiocy.

As soon as I turned around, I saw her coming at me with extraordinary speed. I tried to stop her with my other hand while still holding the plate in one hand, but as soon as I grabbed my free hand, she knocked me to the ground with a movement similar to what cops use when scooping people up and twisted my hand behind my back.

I was caught off guard because I was physically quite weak and I didn't expect her to do something like that.

In fact, I didn't think she realized that I wasn't really her son when she was acting like an idiot.

Just as I was about to raise my head from the dinner plate I had dropped on the floor and try to get rid of her with a quick counter-move, I heard her voice.

"Victorrr! Did you win already? Ahhh that's amazing. You just turned eighteen one day ago and you already have a win."

Apparently, she grabbed my right hand in particular and twisted it behind my back because she wanted to look at the symbol on my right hand. Once again, I made a mental note that every single person in this world has martial arts skills that cannot be overestimated.

"Mom, can you get off me?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Are you okay? You're not broken, are you?"

Lara rushed to the kitchen, brought a hand towel and started wiping the remnants of the food with a lot of sauce from my face. Meanwhile, I secretly looked at her hand.

   👑
→4←

I was a bit surprised to see that the total number of wins she has is only 4. I don't know how old she is, but biologically she is the mother of this body. And so I assume that she has been able to participate in the death game for at least 18 years.

After wiping my face, she was about to start telling me something about prestigious universities but I found an excuse and went back upstairs.

The father of this body had died almost 17 years ago and in all that time this woman had still not married. Marriage is a dream for men and a necessity for women.

A man who lives alone is usually absorbed in his thoughts and goes on a path of self-improvement, while a woman who lives alone can only endure loneliness for a few years.

The average man needs to speak a maximum of 5,000 words a day, and when he needs to speak more he starts to feel bored inside, but for women it is at least 10,000 words a day. And if they have enough gossip stored in their memory, they can speak 50,000 to 100,000 words in a day.

That's why women feel a much greater need to get married. Because if they get married, they will have a partner with whom they can talk as much as they want. If the man in a marriage does not allow the woman to consume her daily vocabulary needs, the marriage will not last very long.

And the woman in this case has been single for 17 years. And as far as I can see she is very attached to the original owner of this body. She probably has people in her office she can talk to, maybe even a man in a relationship.

If I convince lara to marry a man, she will probably move in with the person after marriage. And as a result, I will be left with this house and its contents.

I think it might be a better plan to throw the people out of the house and stay in the house in a comfortable and completely legal way, rather than leaving the house and finding a way to live in it.

Deciding to think more deeply about this later, I patted the sign on my hand to join my second game.