increase stats

After getting a negative answer from sofia, I opened the system store to buy a roll of paper towels worth 8 points.

I ignored Sofia complaining that system points were too valuable and I wiped the sweat off my hand and then the sweat around the sand bag.

Finding no place to dispose of the paper towels covered in someone else's sweat, I picked up the black hole type trash slot that I had noticed earlier in the system store.

Just like when I bought the system space expansion, a translucent shape appeared before my eyes and I placed a half meter circle on the wall next to my bed.

I threw the paper towels I had into the dark circle. I had already read in the description before I bought it that it was a kind of black hole and anything I threw in there would disappear forever.

Sofia suddenly appeared behind me and tried to kick my ass, but I quickly dodged her.

"Stop wasting your system points! You could have just taken that garbage home."

"It was only worth 50 points, every time I win a game I get 100 so it's not that expensive and I can use it in the future. It's not a waste."

"Do whatever you want, but I'll tell you from the beginning. After today, my beginner period will be over, so you will have to wait a month before you can enter my personal space again. So what you need to do now is save up your system points and buy yourself some gym gear."

When the subject came up here again, I stood in front of the punching bag and punched it several times in succession, trying to find out what she meant.

After about 10-15 times hitting it, Sofia told me to use all my strength. At her words I used my whole body to hit the punching bag like a professional boxer.

As the punching bag was thrown backwards, a system screen appeared in front of me together with Sofia's surprised exclamation.

[ 1/30 ]

Wondering if this system screen was what I thought it was, I punched again with all my strength and the system screen appeared in front of me again and this time the number was 2/30.

After filling my lungs completely with air, I punched the sand bag while releasing the air back. As the sand bag was being thrown further back, I filled my lungs again with breath, released it back, and punched it a second time.

After a few seconds of punching at about two punches per second with all my strength, the screen in front of me became 30/30 and another system screen appeared.

[ Congratulations your base strength stat has increased by 1 point ]

"Don't wait, when you punch in succession the total number of punches you have to throw decreases because the quality of your punches and the effort level of your body increases"

Following Sofia's advice, I raised my fists again and started punching the sand bag. Sofia, who was making fun of the sounds I was making with my mouth during the exhalation while I was repeatedly punching the sand bag, said she would be right back and disappeared.

[ 16/40 ]

[ 36/50 ]

Sofia reappeared in personal space about a minute later with an energy drink in her hand.

Apparently the fact that someone left personal space and came back again did not destroy the bond between the personal aliens.

Sofia came closer to watch me throw punches in rapid succession and asked me how many punches I had left to throw, shouting so that her voice wouldn't be drowned out by the noise I was making.

"How many punches left!"

"Uff, uf uf uf, uff, uf uf uf uf... 13 punches and I'll have increased my stats 4 times."

With an unknown liquid sprayed in my face, I turned away from the sand bag and looked at Sofia.

" Fuck! Are you saying your power stat is thirteen right now?!"

As I wiped the sweat-mixed liquid from my face with the paper towels I had just bought, I told her that she had guessed right.

"But. How many punches did you have to punch to get your first stat up?"

Hearing this question, I realized that not everyone needed to punch the same number of times and I guessed that I had something to hide, just like my SSS level ability.

"I had to throw 50 punches."

"Fuck off! Does that mean that if you punch repeatedly and increase your concentration, the number can go as low as 40? Wow."

"Like you said, even though I punched repeatedly, I didn't see the number change at all."

"How did it not change at all? Not even one point less than the total number of punches you had to throw?"

"No."

"You, is it because you've lost your memory? Should I hit my head somewhere too?"

"Will you explain it to me now?"

"How can I say? When you throw punch after punch, normally your attention is more and more focused on the sand bag and the efficiency of the punches increases, so the total number of punches you need to throw decreases. As you say, for the punch count target to never change, either your attention must have been perfectly focused from the beginning, or your attention level must have never changed. Since the latter is less likely to happen, you are probably perfectly focused"

"Hmm I see, so the lower the number of punches I have to throw, the higher the quality of the punches I throw?"

"Yes, it took me five thousand punches to go from nineteen to twenty stats."

"Puhahaha five thousand, what are you doing, punching like a cat?"

"Haa! Come here and I'll show you how I punch."