42

What the fuck? He actually tried to get his body back.

"Can you try moving your fingers one more time? Maybe I can give you your body back by focusing on that feeling I get when you do that."

"It's impossible... It's so hard...ahhh...I can't..."

As I was trying to figure out what the bond between me and the true owner of the body was like and how I could destroy it forever, I heard the ringtone of the phone in my hand for the first time.

I looked down and saw Lara written on the phone.

"Why did you write my mom's name in my contacts as Lara instead of Mom?"

"Because she's your mom."

After waiting a few seconds because I didn't hear any voice in my head to respond to my answer, I picked up the phone and raised it to my ear.

"Victor! Help me!..."

*Duut duut duut duut*

After the phone went off, there was a short silence.

"Please help me to save my mom!"

Thinking logically, I don't know what kind of threat Lara is under. If she is under a life-threatening threat right now and there is no one else she is looking for but me, leaving her as she is and letting her die would be a very logical thing to do. Because if she dies, I can pretend that I have psychological problems and I can sell what I inherited from her and move away from my aunt's house and start a new life from zero.

But if she's being sexually abused by someone and I'm the only one who can help her and yet I don't go there or I don't even inform the police, I'm probably going to get into some trouble.

When I think about the situations that might lead her to ask me for help, I conclude that almost 80% of the time her life is not threatened and I am in a situation to help her.

In that case, it would make the most sense to help him. But right now it would be better to wait a little while and try to negotiate with the voice in my head.

"I think that woman must be in trouble. Well, it's not my problem and I don't need to risk my life with her."

"No, no, no, Victor. Please help her. It's the first time I've heard my mom ask me for help. She must be in trouble!"

"She must be in trouble? Isn't it strange if it's the first time she's asked you for help? If she is in trouble enough to ask you for help, it would make more sense for her to call the police."

"Uh...but..."

"There are two possibilities right now: either your mom is in real trouble, or someone is pretending to be your mom and tricking you"

"Someone might hurt my mom while you're thinking about it!"

When I heard the voice in my head raise its voice in an agitated manner, I responded in a calmer tone to regain control of the conversation. Because I want him to get the instinct that when he raises his voice, I will become more reckless, and I want him to let me take the lead in the conversation again.

"Listen to me first... Huff, if your mom is in real trouble like I said, then I will probably be in real trouble if I go to help her. And I want to get my own body back, not die in yours."

"B..."

"Just listen. And if the second possibility is true, that someone is pretending to be your mother, then the danger is probably aimed at you. Again"

Of course, there is also the possibility that his mother got drunk and tried to trick me into having fun with her friends. But I don't want the victor in my head to be calmed down more than necessary by mentioning this possibility.

"I watched you in the game. You don't even blink when you're shooting a gun! And even though you've only played two games, you won both of them! And you were always researching what games were like before you got into one. You came from another world like in the stories, didn't you?"

"Actually... yes, I'm from another world, and like you said, even if I face a threat, I'm quite likely to overcome it."

I hope he's not so stupid that he doesn't understand what I mean.

"Fine, I accept. If you go to save my mother, I will let you use my body as you wish until you find an easy way to return to your own body."

He understood what I was trying to say, but the way he phrased it was a bit strange. Anyway, that's not the important thing.

"Also promise me that you will never again try to take over my body without my knowledge while I am asleep."

"Okay, I promise, now please go save my mom!"

When I heard the voice in my head saying that he was convinced, I quickly and acrobatically descended from the rooftop to the garden in a few quick, acrobatic movements and rushed down the street.

The reason I promised her with no guarantees was to try to build a bond of trust between us. I have to make him trust me because I have no other way of guaranteeing it.

He probably hated me a little bit for my behaviour at the moment, but the important thing was to get the promise. I can't ask him to promise me something like that after I have built a bond of trust and become friends with him in a fake way. But if I make him promise first and then build the bond of trust, he will feel obliged to keep his promise to me and tighten our bond of trust.

Under the deserted night, I continued to run for a while on foreign streets, exerting all the strength in my body, and came across a wide highway.

While continuing to run on the side of the road, I looked at the vehicles on the highway and tried to find a taxi, while I learned from little Victor where Lara worked.