Chapter - 9

Sanjana's POV:

Yesterday I was unable to meet up with my project group as I was quite nervous. I only knew Rahul from the group as he flirted with me earlier. Today, I was determined to meet up with them as I wanted to complete the project this weekend. 

I got ready for college and today I chose a white summer dress. I do not want to wear heels as am an average height of 5'5. Hence, I settled for a lighter heel today.

I started heading towards our campus along with my friends after having breakfast

I started heading towards our campus along with my friends after having breakfast. Today is Friday and I am desperately waiting for a weekend. We planned to explore the city but we have a circuits assignment to work on.

I bid goodbye to Piggy and sat in my classroom. I was thinking about my assignment and I do not know how to approach other members of our group. I observed that Pranay is friends with Akshath and another guy and I already know Rahul but don't know who Isha was. I decided that I would ask Pranay for help.

Soon enough, a professor entered the class and started teaching. The day went by in a blur and we were already sitting in the cafeteria for lunch. Our lunch break is from 12:30 to 1:30 PM. Our classes would resume at 1:30. We only had one class in the auditorium today after lunch till 2:30 PM and then had a free period. I came to know that CSE also has a free last period from Sam and Tara.

"I don't want to work on this project. It's tough and I don't even know my group mates", said Tara banging her head on the table. "It's okay Tara, once I am done with the project and if your team doesn't support you, I will help you", I agreed. "Oh come on Sanjana, don't you have your project to work on? Don't make her lazy. Let her work on the project", replied Piggy. Tara just glared at Piggy and started banging her head again.

After lunch, we headed back to the auditorium and I spotted Pranay alone. I quickly went to him and greeted him "Hello Pranay". "Hey Sanjana, watsup!!", came his reply.

I was about to ask him to introduce his friends when I saw the professor already entering the classroom. I dropped the conversation and headed inside. Once the class was finished, I started packing my things. Then I felt a presence behind me. I turned back and came face to face with the genius guy Akshath.

I came to know more about him in the last few days. The unofficial college account posted a lot of stories about him. He is referred to as "The genius" by everyone as he got the highest score in the college entrance examination.  There were many rumors about him as they posted blurred photographs of him with race cars. 

 I just stood there looking at him. He is very handsome up close. He has a sharp jawline, thickly dark and soft hair, a sharp nose, beautiful dark eyes, perfect eyebrows, and long eyelashes. He even has a good sense of dressing. Someone cleared their throat and I looked down embarrassed. The heat started to spread across my cheeks and neck.

"Hi, I am Jay and this is my friend, Akshath," introduced Jay. I returned his greeting with a hello and a small smile. "Hey guys, am Rahul nice to meet you. I heard a lot of good things about you bro", complimented Rahul looking at Akshath. He simply nodded his head.