Chapter 12

Chloe's POV

She could feel the soft snores on her neck, confirming that her girlfriend fell asleep. Her face became numb from all the smiling throughout the day, she couldn't believe it. Red, Red became her first girlfriend, the first person she fell in love with, and gave her her first kiss. She could die from happiness at this point if she could.

Waiting a few more minutes to ensure Red is fully asleep before removing herself gently and changing out of her clothes into some PJ's. She taps on Red's leg before moving up near her head, brushing her hair out of her face and tucking them behind her ear.

“Love, you need to wake up and change out of these, it's going to be uncomfortable to sleep in those.” She whispers in her ear, moving away when she sees her eyes shift open.

She watches her groggily sit up and walk to her closet getting a pair of sleepwear and start undressing right there without care, her eyes widened as her cheeks grew warm and turned her back away from her. Though something caught her attention before turning away, light patches and lines on her skin that looked very noticeable against the light.

Scars? Oh, Red.

Hearing her chuckling softly, she leaves her thoughts as she feels her walk past her and grabs the collar of her shirt, pulling her onto the bed and into her arms.

She landed on top of her, giggling as their legs entangled when she moved to her side. “You're very clingy, you know that?”

“Who doesn't want to be in their girlfriend's arms while they sleep?” Red mumbles, her eyes already closed, almost drifting to sleep.

“I don't have a problem with that.” She softly smiles, letting her rest on her chest as her hand finds its way to her head softly massaging her scalp.

She hums softly, smiling to herself, gently kissing Red's forehead and lets herself drift to sleep.

Waking up as the sun shone through the windows, it's always like this when she wakes up dependent on her fixed body clock. Bright and early as she can ever be, no matter how late at night or early in the morning she sleeps she'll always wake up as soon as the sunlight hits the room.  She groans as her whole arm feels numb when she tries moving it with Red's head on, she knew Red wanted to sleep in but the pain in her arm became unbearable. Gently lifting her head with her free hand and placing her on her pillow, she stretches out the numb arm causing a quick sharp sting as she yelps in pain. Quickly covering up her mouth, she glances and lets out a sigh of relief that she was still asleep. Gently kissed the side of her head and went to her desk that was filled with piles of books from each of her class.

Red is still asleep when she glances behind her, her eyes tracing her slumbering stature before putting on some headphones and opening her history book. Her eyes focused on every word from each page, she drowns in her reading that it felt like time never went by and it's just her with her book in an empty void. She senses someone behind her, putting their arms on her shoulder and a pair of lips landed on her cheek, takes off her headphones and turns her head to the side.

“Hey, good morning to you too.” She grins.

“Please, there's nothing good in the morning. You left bed.” The girl grumbles, placing her chin on her shoulder.

“I'm sorry, I couldn't sleep anymore and my arm felt so numb that I had to get up. I know you always wanted to sleep in so I let you.” She sends her an apologetic smile before turning back to her book.

“I did want to sleep in but someone left me alone.” She felt her take her hands away and pulled her chair away from her desk for a few inches.

She squeals from the sudden movement on her chair, watching Red sit on her lap facing her, resting her forehead on her shoulder and her hands on her sides. Chuckling at her touch-starved girlfriend, she shifts the chair forward back to her desk. “Shouldn't you be studying as well, Red?”