Chapter 16

Chloe‘s POV

The way her heart broke after hearing her story turned a switch on her that made her even more protective of the girl. Red may be headstrong, courageous and passionate but it didn't help ease herself on caring too much for her. She wanted to show her how much she means to her, how she loves every inch and every part of her, scarred or not.

“I have an idea, can you turn around for me princess?” She softly directed.

She sees the confusion on her face but she complies nonetheless, seeing a clear view of her scarred skin and gently tracing each mark earning a small shiver from her. Smiling a little, she places tender kisses starting from the nape of the neck down along her spine, what surprised her though was the heavy breathing that came along with each time her lips came in contact with her skin.

“Chloe. Baby.” She hears her breathe out.

“Do you want me to stop, Love?” Stopping herself but left her hands on her hips.

“Yeah, it's too much.” She could sense the shakiness in her voice, so she wrapped her arms around her waist and placed one last kiss on her bare shoulder then rested her chin.

“I’m sorry.” She said softly. “I went too far.”

She hears her laugh a little. “Don't be, I liked it but it got overwhelming when you reached my lower back.”

The girl tries to stifle a yawn but fails, she smiles to herself and places a kiss on her neck. “Do you want to sleep?”

“Let me sleep in at least.” Red murmurs.

“I would, sadly we have class tomorrow and I also have training.” She says against her neck, giving her one last kiss there before removing herself.

“Where are you going?” Red frowns from the sudden loss.

Giggling, she placed her hand under her jaw. “Relax, I'm just gonna take a bath and change.”

“You're making me soft, Chloe Charming.” She watches her cross her arms and glare at her.

“You're doing that to yourself, Red. Though, I love your clinginess.” She giggles as she walks towards the bathroom.

Hearing her let out an exasperated gasp, she shrills. “I'm not that clingy.”

“Keep telling yourself that, Hearts.” She cackled, closing the bathroom door behind her.

They found themselves in the same position every time both of them finished changing, they made it their routine and neither of them had a single complaint about it. She likes holding her every time and knowing Red likes physical touch more than what she lets on, to her at least. She loves how peaceful Red gets when she falls asleep on top of her, her hand gently brushing out the knots in her hair as well as memorizing every feature she could see.

She could almost sense Red‘s crankiness when her alarm blared throughout the room, she pats her shoulder earning an annoyed whine as she rolls away. She wishes she could laugh but knowing it would worsen her morning mood, she just shakes her head and smiles as she sits up.

Getting up from the bed, she hears Red behind her. “I really hate your fucking alarm, you know that?”

“Good morning to you too, I guess.” She chuckles, leaning over her and places a kiss on the side of her head.

She was about to leave but felt her hold her wrist and made her lean back over to her, Red kissed her lips firmly yet so gently before letting her go. All she felt was the giddiness in her heart as she continues the same routine they do every morning.