veinte y ocho

I straightened my ivory long silk dress with thin straps and curled my long chestnut hair

I straightened my ivory long silk dress with thin straps and curled my long chestnut hair. I completed the look with full glam makeup, including red lipstick and silver eyeshadow.

I heard the ticking of the clock as I waited for someone to enter my room and take me off the yacht.

Tonight, Levi is taking me out. I have no idea where he's planning to take me or which restaurant we'll be dining at, but knowing his taste, I'm sure it will be somewhere with expensive cuisine.

"You look absolutely beautiful, Vennie." I turned around to see Maia gazing at me in awe. I smiled nervously, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Levi is going to go crazy when he sees you in that dress." She gushed excitedly, making me chuckle. The dress, along with every piece of jewelry I'm wearing, was bought with his money—putting on this dress is the least I could do.

"I'm actually nervous." I admitted, holding her hand with my clammy one. She forced a smile and gently rubbed my skin.

"It'll be alright, Venezia. It's going to be a fun date with the love of your life, and then he'll probably ask you to be his girlfriend—happy ending!" She rambled. I frowned and told her that what she imagined wasn't realistic. It would definitely not going to happen like that.

Levi Arìas isn't the type to settle for casual relationships. He either wants something permanent or nothing at all. The only temporary arrangement he accepts is a friends-with-benefits situation—though he doesn't even consider them friends, just people who want to have sex with him.

And that... it won't work for me. I don't even know the motive behind this rendezvous.

"Don't overthink it, just follow your intuition. A woman's intuition is more powerful than anything—your heart will guide you to the right choice."

She was right. I'm going to trust her advice and hope that tonight will be pleasant.

~

"You look stunning, my love. This dress hugs your body perfectly—it chose you." Levi murmured as he rested one hand on my hip while the other slipped into his pocket. I blushed at his compliment and muttered a soft thank you.

We arrived at a gourmet restaurant inside a five-star hotel. As we stepped inside, a valet bowed to us, addressing Levi as if he were a celebrity—someone powerful.

Of course.

He tossed his car keys to the valet, who caught them effortlessly before heading off to park his sleek black Bugatti, which had been idling in front of the hotel. I couldn't help but wonder how many cars he brought to Malta. It's the kind of extravagance only the rich indulge in.