veinte y siete

Do I have some kind of karma following me around?

For the past few days, Mr. Levi Arías, the absolute dickhead, refused to leave me alone. At this rate, I'll never find someone if he keeps sticking to me like this.

Just one more day, Venezia. Only one more day.

Maia managed to get him away from me by asking Enzo to take him somewhere else. The three of them ended up climbing to the top of a cliff to jump into the water. I'm not sure how she convinced him, but I have a feeling Enzo had to make some sort of compromise, he wouldn't have been that eager to help otherwise.

We were at a coffee shop, enjoying a refreshing lemonade after a long shopping spree. Unlike my friend, I'm not a big spender, but my credit card was stolen and replaced with someone else's card.

I know well who did it.

"Did you do it?" I asked her with a stern look. She shook her head in amusement.

"I swear, I didn't replace your card with his." She laughed, and I grumbled in response.

When it was time to pay, I noticed my usual card had been swapped with an expensive-looking black card. I didn't want to use it, but I hadn't brought any cash and had no choice.

Maia convinced me to use the card anyway, since he'd offered it. Her persuasive skills got the better of me, and I ended up buying a lot of things, including a gift for my mother.

"You want Levi to leave you alone, but you don't seem to be that angry with him." She grinned.

"That's because it's useless to get angry at him, he's too stubborn."

"Vennie, you know how boys are when they're in love. When they tease or bully a girl, it usually means they have feelings for her."

Ah, that's funny.

"Levi is not that kind of person."

"He is."

I sighed. "He doesn't love me, he hates me."

A moment of silence passed, and her mouth fell open in disbelief, as if she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"You're joking, right?" She finally asked.

"No." I replied calmly.

She opened her mouth to respond but then shut it again, repeating the process as if she couldn't find the right words. I was getting annoyed.

"Say something."

"Girl, you must be blind." She mumbled, blinking rapidly in astonishment.

"Levi—he's in love with you. Like, really obsessively in love with you! I'm not joking. I don't need to know him personally to see that he's completely and crazily in love with you." She ranted, her hands gesturing animatedly as she emphasized her points.