seis

After that incident, I left the club and thought about the moment when I was in VIP room

It was the first time and would be the last time that I would be going inside.

I was petrified, to say that felt like an understatement. It was like a movie where the girl was surrounded by influential men, ready to pounce on her.

I thank Señor Santiago who saved me from the eye fucking rape even thought he participated...I wouldn't mind if it was coming from him.

I wouldn't mind if it comes from a man which the attraction is undivided, where the men that were there except him and his friends were all old and married. It was evident through the mask.

"Vennie?"

I turned around to see my beautiful and pretty mother, standing in my bedroom. Her beautiful chestnut hair that I inherited from her lost the glow, and the eyes pretty tired from the age and the work that she handled through her life. She was wearing her uniform maid which consisted of an white apron and a long black dress.

"Mama, are you alright?" I rushed up to her, holding her hand immediately. She nodded with a faint smile on her face, she can never dupe me with that fake smile face, hiding her pain.

"I'm fine honey, I need you to help me make the appetizers since someone important is coming to the mansion?" She kindly asked. I drew in a breath, well aware of the person's identity. My mother was attempting to conceal it, recognizing it as a sensitive topic.

"I know it's the young master Arìas." I told her and she smiled unapologetically which made me sigh.

"You will be in the kitchen with Evelyn."

I narrowed my eyes at her, attempting to discern a subtle glint in her eyes. Yet, undoubtedly, she was concealing that elusive gaze.

"Are you trying make things better between us?" I inquired, tilting my head. She shook her head vehemently.

"No, I'm well aware that things aren't going smoothly." She dismissed with a wave of her hand. I rolled my eyes and proceeded to put on my shoes.

My mother's relationship with Levi is closer than you think; she treats him like her own son. She always believed we might end up together, in the worst-case scenario. I feel out of place in his affluent world, and he doesn't quite fit into my darker reality.

We are not the same.

"Then why are you trying hard to put us together?" I frowned at her, despite being childhood friends with him. I do not wish to reunify our friendship for nothing, especially how Levi has transformed into a hard arrogant person from what I saw when we were teenagers.