treinta y uno

It was hell

It was hell.

"What? Marriage!" My mother screamed, her voice full of shock. I quickly raised my hands in surrender, hoping to calm her down.

"I will be marrying your daughter in four days." Levi said calmly, his eyes carefully watching her reaction. "It's important to us that one of our parents can be there to support us."

My mom looked like she was on the verge of a heart attack, her eyes wide with disbelief. "So the famous girl you always talked about... is my daughter? Your beautiful princess?"

What?

Levi stared at me, saying, "Yes, your daughter has been my beautiful princess since I was eight. I asked you for advice on how to court a woman properly, and when you demanded to know who she was, I couldn't tell you it was your daughter."

He wasn't lying when he said he'd loved me since childhood, to the point of seeking advice from my own mother.

"You've finally done it." She chuckled, sinking back onto the couch, her palm covering her face in disbelief. I wanted to comfort her, but Levi beat me to it.

He knelt down in front of her, his gaze steady and full of determination as he looked into her eyes.

"I promise you, on my grave, that I will take care of your daughter," Levi said, his voice filled with sincerity. "Venezia holds a special place in my heart. She makes the world easier to understand when I'm with her. Please, let me marry her."

I had never heard Levi Arìas speak so earnestly, especially not in front of my mother.

My mother looked up at me, her eyes filled with a meaning I would never forget—a look that told me how fortunate I was, lucky to have this man by my side.

After that, my mother gave us her blessing to marry, and I could see the relief wash over Levi's face. He didn't care about anyone else's opinion, but my mother's approval meant everything to him. He made an effort for me, and it showed.

Today is the day of our wedding, which will be held in a chapel funded by the Arìas family. Interestingly, none of his family members were invited except for Paula, a few of his friends, and his mysterious secretary, whom I had never met before.

Enzo told me his name is Nicolas, a former boarding school friend of Levi's, known for being the super nerdy type. Levi befriended him because he thought he seemed "useful."

Typical Levi.

My bridesmaids are Maia and Manelle. I didn't want to leave Paula out, so I asked her if she'd like to be a bridesmaid as well. She just shrugged, but I included her anyway. Yesterday, we had a small bachelorette party at Levi's penthouse—a cozy pajama party with just us girls. I was pleasantly surprised by how well Paula got along with my friends.