Merry Christmas Pt.1/Ch.5

Christmas Eve

Taylor's POV

(645 Words)

The house was alive with the spirit of Christmas cheer. The smell of freshly baked cookies filled the air, and the sounds of classic holiday tunes played softly in the background. Travis and I had spent the entire day preparing for the arrival of our families, making sure everything was perfect for the big Christmas Eve celebration.

This is the first year we actually all get to spend Christmas together. With Jason not playing football anymore, we decided it would be best to celebrate Christmas here in Kansas City, that way we could all be together.

The tree in the living room was the centerpiece of the house, decorated with ornaments the girls had made over the years. The soft glow of the twinkling lights reflected off the tinsel, casting a warm, magical glow throughout the room. Underneath the tree, carefully wrapped presents were piled high, waiting for the next morning.

I have been planning on announcing my pregnancy to our families during Christmas for a while now. I placed the last of the gifts under the tree-barely containing my excitement-a small, beautifully wrapped box with a big red bow on top. The announcement.

As the sun began to set, the doorbell rang, and soon the house was filled with the laughter and chatter of family arriving. My parents and Austin were the first to arrive, followed by Travis's brother, Jason, and his wife, Kylie, and their three kids, as well as his parents. Our house was soon bustling with activity, the kids running around excitedly, while the adults caught up.

After everyone had settled in, I gathered everyone in the living room. "We have a little surprise for everyone," I announced. "But you'll have to wait until after dinner to find out what it is!"

Playful groans let out amongst the room. But the smell of the feast we had prepared was too tempting to ignore.

As we gathered around the table, dinner was filled with laughter and conversation. The kids, their cheeks were rosy from excitement, eating quickly, eager to get to the presents.

After dinner, we all gathered in the living room, the kids settling on the floor in front of the tree while us adults found seats on the couch and chairs. I glanced at Travis and he nodded. I reached under the tree and pulled out the small, special box I had placed there earlier.

"This is all for you." I said. Handing the box to my father. "It's a little something we wanted to share with you."

My dad looked curiously before unwrapping the box slowly. Inside, he found a little onesie that said "Coming soon" and the ultra sound picture right next to it.

There was a moment of silence as everyone took in the meaning of the gift. Then, the room erupted in excited gasps and cheers.

"You're pregnant?!" Kylie exclaimed, her eyes wide with joy.

I nodded, my smile growing even wider. "Yes, four months! We wanted to wait and make sure everything was okay before we told y'all."

My parents immediately hugged me, their faces glowing with happiness. "This is the best Christmas gift we could ever ask for," my mom said, wiping away tears of joy.

Travis's brother, Jason, clapped him on the back with a big grin. "Another one, huh? That's amazing news!"

The kids, sensing the excitement in the room, began to ask questions, wondering when they could meet their new cousin. Harper, Willow, and Gracie, who had known about the baby for a while, proudly shared that they were going to be big sisters again.

The rest of the night passed by in a blur. All of the girls made cookies while the boys watched Christmas movies. We all put the kids to bed in the same room because we know they won't be getting much sleep anyways. Then all of us parents start setting everything up for the next day.

A/N: Just some cute fluff in the midst of all this lol. Second part will be out tonight probably :)) Vote and leave requests pleaseee xx-Willow