The Thirteenth Pt.2/Ch.7

(989 Words)

TW: Check the comment I put on this part if you want to know beforehand. Otherwise, don't spoil it for yourself.

Your POV (because I feel like it's a lot easier to understand all that goes on)

Later that night

After everyone had settled in and the house was quiet, Gracie layed in bed, still thinking about the day. The bracelet felt comforting around her wrist, and she smiled to herself, thinking about the events of the day.

Just as she was about to drift off to sleep, she heard a noise from the hallway. It was faint at first, but soon enough, the sound of footsteps and hushed voices caught her attention. She sat up, starting to listen. It was her mom and Travis, their voices low but sounded urgent.

Gracie slipped out of bed and crept towards her door, opening it just enough to peek through. Down the hall, she could see Travis helping her mom as she leaned against him, one hand gripping her stomach. Her face was pale, and she looked scared.

Gracie's heart dropped.

"Somethings wrong," Taylor whispered, her voice tight with fear. "I'm cramping, and it feels... It feels bad, Travis. What if–"

"Shh, don't think like that," Travis said quickly, his voice steady but laced with worry. "We're going to the hospital, just to be safe. Everything's going to be fine."

Gracie's chest tightened as she watched them make their way downstairs. She felt frozen in place, fear bubbling up inside her. Was her mom losing her baby?

She didn't want to follow them, but she also couldn't just stay behind. Quietly, she tiptoed to the top of the stairs and watched as Travis grabbed his keys and helped Taylor out the front door.

When the front door closed behind them, Gracie felt her throat tighten. She had never seen her mom so scared.

As Travis helped Taylor into the passenger seat of the car, her face was pale, sweat glistening on her forehead. She clutched her stomach, her breathing shallow and uneven. Travis felt his heart hammering in his chest, trying his best to remain calm for her sake, but inside he was spiraling with worry. The fear in Taylor's eyes made it even harder to keep his emotions in check.

He slammed the car door and raced to the driver's side, throwing the car in reverse and speeding out of the long driveway, not even bothering to alert security. The streetlights blurred as they sped through the empty roads, the quiet of the night contrasting sharply with the panic in his heart.

"T-travis..." Taylor's voice was weak, barely audible, but it made his heart skip a beat. He glanced over at her, his knuckles white as they gripped the steering wheel.

"It's going to be okay, babe," he said, though he wasn't sure if he was trying to convince her or himself. His eyes darted between the road and her. "We're almost there. Just hold on."

But then Taylor's breath hitched, and she gasped in pain, her hand gripping her swollen belly tighter. When Travis looked down, he saw it. The dark red stain spread across her sweatpants.

Blood.

"T-taylor..." His voice cracked, panic surging through him. "You're bleeding."

"I know," She whimpered, her voice barely above a tremble. Her other hand reached for the door, as if trying to brace herself, her fingers curling into the fabric of the seat. "It's... a lot, Travis. Oh my God."

The sight of the blood pooling beneath her, seeping into the seat, made his stomach churn. It was more than just a few drops–it was everywhere. The car was filled with the smell of blood, he had to fight to keep his focus on the road when his mind was screaming at the possibility of what was happening.

"Stay awake, stay with me," he said urgently, his voice thick with fear. "We're almost there. Just a few more minutes."

She could feel the wetness beneath her, the warm trickle of blood soaking through her clothes. It wasn't just cramps anymore. It felt like everything was unraveling.

"I don't want to lose him," Taylor whispered, her voice cracking, and that is when Travis's heart shattered.

"It's a boy?" He asked quietly.

She nodded and let out a sob. "I was gonna tell you tomorrow after Gracie's birthday."

He swallowed hard, the weight of her word settling on his chest. He was having a son, or was. "You're not going to lose him. Don't think like that. We're getting to the hospital–they're going to help. They're going to make sure everything is okay."

But Taylor wasn't sure. She could feel it–something was terribly wrong. The pain wasn't like the normal discomfort that she'd felt during her pregnancy. This was deeper, and with every passing second, the blood kept coming.

"I'm scared, Travis," she said, her voice breaking as tears filled her eyes. "I don't think... I don't think he's okay."

Hearing her voice shake, seeing the tears slipping down her cheeks, Travis fought back his own emotions. She needed him to be strong, to get them to the hospital as fast as possible. But the image of her, sitting there covered in blood, was too much.

"Hey, don't say that," he forced out, his voice thick with emotion. "Just hang on a little longer, Tay. We're almost there. Just... please, hang on."

Travis pulled into the emergency entrance with a screech. Nurses rushed out as soon as they saw them, and Taylor was quickly whisked away on a gurney, her hand slipping from his grip as they rolled her inside.

And then he was alone, standing there in the hospital parking lot, his hands stained with her blood. Praying to God that he would save his wife and son.

A/N I told you it was insane..Now I'm leaving y'all on a cliffhanger ;) It doesn't end as it seems like by the way :)