In our football era Pt.2/Ch.9

Continued...

(1532 Words)

Taylor's POV

As we loaded up into the cars, I took a deep breath, trying to reset my mood for the day. Travis squeezed my hand as he settled in beside me, sending a silent message of support. The ride to the stadium felt long, especially with Willow whining in the backseat and Gracie moping with her headphones on, but we made it.

When we arrived, the parking lot was already bustling with people. Travis got out first, lifting Willow from her car seat while I managed Harper's buckles and Gracie's endless complaints. Once we were all out, we made our way through the crowds, the girls holding hands while Travis kept one arm around my shoulder, guiding us toward the stadium entrance. His presence kept me steady, even when I felt the dull ache of exhaustion spreading through my body.

Inside the suite, the energy of game day started to lift my spirits, at least a little. Friends, family, and fans filled the space with chatter, and the excitement in the air was contagious. I set up the snacks and arranged the charcuterie boards while my dad Scott chatted with Jason and their dad. Donna swooped in to keep an eye on the kids as they darted around the room, waving to friends through the glass overlooking the field.

About halfway through the first quarter, I started to feel... off. I shifted in my seat, trying to ignore the discomfort. Travis was immersed in the game, glancing back to give me a thumbs up whenever the team made a good play. But a sudden wave of nausea hit, and I pressed a hand to my stomach, hoping it would pass.

I shifted in my seat, hoping it was just nerves or the exhaustion from the hectic morning. But when I glanced down, my heart dropped. There was a stain on my light-colored pants, spreading more than I'd like to admit.

Panic set in. I glanced around the suite, my heart racing. Everyone else was engrossed in the game—cheering as the team made a big play, chatting with each other, and helping the kids spot Travis on the field below. But I couldn't focus. I needed to get out of there before anyone noticed.

I reached over to Donna, who was busy keeping an eye on the girls and chatting with Kylie. "Hey, can you keep an eye on the kids for a sec?" I whispered, trying to keep my voice steady.

Donna glanced at me, her brows knitting together in concern when she saw my expression. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just... bathroom," I mumbled, forcing a tight smile. She nodded, not pressing further, and I slipped out of the suite, keeping my back turned as much as possible.

Once I made it into the private bathroom down the hall, I locked the door and leaned heavily against it, letting out a shaky breath. I fought back the sting of tears as I inspected the damage. This wasn't just a little spot—it was enough to make me wish I could disappear.

I dug through my bag, hoping against hope that I had an extra pair of pants or at least something to cover up with, but I came up empty. The best I found was a small pack of tissues, which wouldn't do much. I was still trying to think of what to do when my phone buzzed. It was a message from Ky: Everything okay?

I swallowed my breath and sent back a quick reply. No, can you come down here? I'm in the bathroom by the suites.

It wasn't long before Kylie appeared, knocking gently on the door. I cracked it open just enough to let her in. The concern on her face shifted to understanding when she saw my flushed cheeks and the way I was hiding behind the door.

"Oh, Tay," she said softly, her voice full of sympathy. "What's wrong?"

I didn't know how to tell her without being embarrassed, but at least its Kylie and not Travis' mom Donna.