Holiday House Pt.1/Ch.2

A/N: Before you read, I want to clarify that I in no way support what happened this past weekend. It's one thing for people to take pictures of her and her friends and another for her "fans" to share them everywhere. There were kids in these pictures and that's so disgusting to me. They deserve privacy, please let's let them live because they are real people.

(763 Words)

...Two Weeks Later...

Taylor's POV

Holiday House, RI

The calm heat waves and the picture of the sun setting upon the waters, that Rhode Island golden glow that I can't seem to stop obsessing about. 

Finally...

I'm at home, at peace. Holiday house is not so sitting quietly on the beach anymore. 

My big home was filled with the sounds of laughter and the patter of little feet running everywhere. Travis and I wanted to gather our closest friends and family for a little pre-season/school season party. And what better way to do it then throw a party at my infamous Holiday House.

Of course, there was: Travis and I, and then Gracie, Harper (4), Willow (4), Blake and Ryan, Inez (7), Betty (4), James (9), Olin (1), Jason, Kylie, Wyatt (4), Ellie (3), Bennie (1), Patrick, Brittany, Sterling (3), Bronze (1), Gigi, Bradley, Khai (3), Lea (6), Channing, Zoe, and Everly (11). So, to say my eight-bedroom mansion wasn't big enough is an understatement, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

The house buzzed with energy as the 11 kids ran around screaming, playful shouts echoing throughout the long halls. 

My Gracie girl, the oldest of all of them, sat on the couch in the middle of the living room reading a book (my little reader, she definitely takes after me), still recovering from the stubborn stomach bug that had her down for the count for days. 

Despite the weakness holding her back, she had a smile on her face you couldn't fake. I think all of us needed this break really bad. 

Harper, of course, was in the middle of all of the chaos (..imagine that), her crazy personality keeping her running with the big kids in a game of tag that made its way onto the big deck. 

Willow, my little baby, waited quietly in the corner, watching, observing the scene with her big blue eyes.

I stood in the kitchen surrounded by those I loved the most, all preparing for dinner. Well....the girls were.

The smell wafted through the air, grilled seafood and the salt air coming off the waves of august. 

I have been feeling off for the past few days, Travis doesn't know. I'm certain I'm just coming down with what Gracie had, which is concerning, but I need to keep strong. I don't want to ruin this vacation for everyone. 

Suddenly. I paused, gripping the edge of the marbled counter as a wave of nausea washed over me. My stomach churning, and I know I couldn't hold this back any longer.

Without warning, I dashed to the nearest bathroom, barely making it to the toilet before I was throwing up all that I ate earlier in the day. 

I knelt on the cool tiled floor, trying to keep my breathing under control, but the nausea just kept coming in relentless waves. 

I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping it would pass and no one would notice.

A few minutes later, I felt someone's hand on my back. Travis's hand. I turned around looking at him, sympathy flooding his eyes as he got down on the ground next to me. 

"Taylor," he said softly, brushing my sweaty bangs off of my forehead. "Are you okay?"

I nodded weakly, but I know concern is flooding my face. "It just hit me out of nowhere," I murmured shakily. 

He just rubbed my back in slow circles, worry flooding his face as he said, "It's probably just that stomach flu Gracie had baby," he said trying to reassure me.

"It only lasted a few days baby, now it's your turn. Just take it easy today, okay lovie? I'll watch the kiddos."

I just leaned into his touch, grateful for his comfort. 

He helped me up, guiding me into our master bedroom. "You need to get some rest," he said, tucking me into bed. "I'll keep the kids busy and handle the rest of dinner. You don't need to worry about anything."

I smiled a soft smile. I love him so much. 

Sorry, this is so short! This story will have multiple parts. Hopefully I'll get the next part up by this weekend. Don't forget to vote pleaseeeeee, it inspires me to write more. What do ya'll think is happening....