Sick Day pt.2/Ch.1

783 words

The next day...

Gracie's POV

I wake up slowly on what looks like my bathroom floor. The cold tiled ground making me shiver as I recount the exhausting night I had. Well...I guess my mom and stepdad had too....ew.

I look up to see my mother holding me loosely sound asleep on the floor too. I don't really remember her falling asleep in here. but I guess she did after me. 

I can't lie, I feel a bit better now after throwing up my whole insides, but I still don't feel 100%..not even close.

My mom must have felt me shudder underneath her arm laid across my stomach and soon enough she fluttered her eyes open.

She muttered under her breath, "mmm, mornin' sweetie. How are you feelin?"

I sigh and readjust myself, "better, but not too good still."

She nods and sits up, running her hand through my pinned-up hair, "I'm sorry baby that you don't feel good still. When is the last time you threw up, huh?" she asked sympathetically.

"I don't really know..ugh maybe two hours ago."

"Well, that is progress!" she says in a cherry tone.... (really mom)

I roll my eyes at her as I slowly stand up "not really. I still don't feel good."

"Mhmmm. Well, why don't we get some food in that tummy of yours. It might help you feel better."

I groan. Mainly because I'm in pain and food doesn't sound appetizing to me, but also because I really don't want to face the rath of my little evil sisters. They can be soooo annoying my gosh.

"Come on let's go."

I let my mom head down first so she could get the twinnies ready for daycare, well, Harper. Which, thank God the crazy one goes to daycare. I don't know what I would do if I had to deal with Harper while sick. I don't know how mom does it.

"Girls! Breakfast is ready, come down please!" mom yelled across the house from downstairs.

Ughhhhhhh I groan. And stumble downstairs. Dreading my whole life. 

As I slowly walk into the kitchen, I remember why I absolutely didn't want to go downstairs...Travis.

You may think I'm overexaggerating, but put yourself in my shoes. Who wants to see their mom get fucked by their stepdad...Not me (that's for sure.)

"Hey Gracie, how are you feeling girlie?" Travis asked as I walked past him, side-eyeing him.

I didn't answer and just groaned as I went to collect my awful looking breakfast and made sure to sit as far away from him as I could. I get my mom was also a part of the action, but she's my mom and for some reason I only hate Travis. Well..I guess it is a little gross. I mean, a lot. But I've always hated him (I wouldn't say hate, but a stronggg dislike) and this is really not gonna help his chances. 

"Gracie. Travis asked you a question." My mom stated.

I rolled my eyes again. Can't she tell I'm not in the mood right now. Well certainly not in the mood they were in last night. 

"I'm doing great as you can see." I say sarcastically

Any normal person could be able to tell from looking at me on the outside that I am not okay, but Travis isn't normal. No, he's literally one of the most unintelligent people I've met... (sorry)

"Gracie, cut the attitude out. I know you are not feeling well, but that doesn't give you the right to be mean to your dad who didn't do anything wrong." my mom snapped back.

"He's not my dad..." I mumbled.

"Excuse me! You better take that back right fucking now. Travis is the only Father figure you've had in your life. He stepped up when no one else did. Whether you like it or not, he's the only "dad" you have or had. So, stop saying shit like that." 

"Legally, he is not my father. I'm just stating the truth. Court papers don't lie." I shrug as I push the burnt food across my plate. 

"I'M SICK OF YOUR SHIT GRACELYN! I CAN'T WITH YOU ANYMORE! TRAVIS HAS DONE NOTHING, BUT NICE THINGS FOR YOU, HE LOVES YOU GRACIE. I CAN'T STAND IT WHEN YOU DISRESPECT HIM OR TREAT HIM LIKE HE DOESN'T BELONG IN THIS FAMILY, BECAUSE LAST TIME I CHECKED YOU'RE THE ONLY PERSON LIVING IN THIS HOUSE, HIS HOUSE, THAT DOESN'T HAVE THE LAST NAME KELCE IN IT. GOODBYE!" She storms of crying to her bedroom.

I'm just left there starring at the door to her room that was just slammed shut. I think I might have actually broke mom. Uh oh...

Pt.3 should come out soon! Maybe tonight or possibly tomorrow! Love ya'll:)) Leave requests in the comments and don't forget to vote if you liked it!