Ch 10 CLOSER THAN EVER

Author's pov

A week had passed since that fateful night when Amaira had discovered the truth about her best friend and ex.

During this time, she and Rudransh had grown closer, their bond deepening with each conversation, each shared moment.

Their frequent calls and messages had become a comforting routine, something both of them looked forward to. Meanwhile, the excitement in Amaira’s home was palpable—her brother Aarav's wedding was fast approaching, and the final preparations were in full swing.

Today, both the Batra and Malhotra families were set to head out for the last round of shopping before leaving for Udaipur the next day.

The air was filled with anticipation as the families geared up for the big event.

Rudransh's POV

I was adjusting my shirt collar in front of the mirror, mentally preparing for the day ahead.

Today was the final shopping day before we all left for Udaipur, and while my mom and Chachi were excited, my dad and Chachu were handling wedding arrangements with Amaira’s father.

As I headed downstairs, Maa called out to me, “Rudransh, we’re waiting for you! Hurry up.”

I joined them at the dining table, where the atmosphere was lively, especially with Yashika’s playful chatter.

She had grown quite close to Amaira over the past week, and the bond between them was clear.

My thoughts were interrupted when Dad suddenly asked, “Rudransh, do you like Amaira?”

The question caught me off guard, and I choked on my food. Chachu quickly patted my back, trying to ease my coughing fit, while everyone around the table looked at me expectantly.

“Maa, can I just eat in peace?” I managed to say, trying to dodge the question, but I could feel my cheeks heating up.

“Look at him blushing!” Mom teased, clearly enjoying this.

Chachi joined in, “Come on, Rudransh, tell us the truth. Do you love her?”

There was no point in denying it. “Yes, I do,” I admitted, keeping my tone steady, though inside, my heart was racing.

I glanced around at my family, who were all smiling at me—my parents, my sister, even Atharv, all of them radiating approval.

Dad nodded, “We all like your choice, son.”

Yashika and Atharv erupted in excitement, “Yes! Finally, Amu Di is going to be our sister-in-law!”

I could only shake my head at their antics, though I couldn’t help the smile that tugged at my lips.

With that, we left for the mall, meeting up with the Batra family once we arrived. My eyes immediately sought out Amaira, and I found her dressed in a black top and jeans, looking effortlessly stunning.

I couldn’t take my eyes off her.

Amaira's POV

As soon as we reached the mall, the ladies of both families dove into the shopping frenzy.

Meanwhile, Rudransh, Aarav Bhai, and Atharv found a spot to sit and engage in their own conversation.

I was busy looking through various outfits with Mumma when she picked out a lehenga for Bhai’s haldi ceremony.

But I noticed Rudransh wasn’t too keen on it, and his disapproving look made me reconsider.

Deciding to trust his judgment, I put the lehenga back.

Soon, Rudransh came and sat beside me, showing me a different lehenga. It was beautiful, with intricate embroidery and colors that would complement the haldi ceremony perfectly.

Everyone loved it, and they insisted I try it on.

In the trial room, I slipped into the lehenga, but the blouse’s zipper was giving me a hard time.

Frustrated, I peeked out the door and saw Atharv on a call. “Atharv, can you please call Yashika for me?” I asked.

He nodded and walked away. A moment later, there was a knock on the door.

“Come in,” I said, expecting Yashika.

But as soon as the familiar fragrance hit me, I realized it wasn’t her.

I turned around to see Rudransh entering the room, and my heart skipped a beat.

“What are you fucking ppdoing here?” I asked, more surprised than annoyed.

“Atharv told me you needed help,” he replied, smirking slightly.

I shot an imaginary death glare at Atharv, realizing he was in on this.

“What are you going to do, Rudransh?” I asked, a little nervous now.

“I’ll close my eyes and help with the zipper. Trust me,” he said, his voice calm and reassuring.

I hesitated but eventually agreed. He turned around, eyes closed, and his cool hands touched my bare back, sending a shiver down my spine.

His breath was warm against my skin as he carefully zipped up the blouse.

The moment felt intimate, charged with an energy I hadn’t expected. Once the zipper was in place, he turned me around, placing one hand on the wall, effectively caging me in.

“You look breathtaking, Snowflake,” he whispered, his voice husky.

Wait…did he just give me a nickname?

I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks, and before I could say anything, he leaned down and kissed my forehead, his lips lingering for a moment before he pulled away.

I was left speechless as he left the room.

I stared at myself in the mirror, trying to process what had just happened.

Rudransh had a way of making me feel special, cherished even. I stepped out of the trial room, showing everyone the lehenga.

The compliments flew around, but my mind was still back in that room, replaying the moment with Rudransh.

We finished shopping for the day, and by the time we returned home, I was fucking exhausted.

As I sat on my bed, unwinding from the day’s events, there was a knock on my door.

It was Aarav Bhai. He walked in and sat beside me, a thoughtful expression on his face.

“Do you like Rudransh?” he asked directly, catching me off guard.

I was shocked. How did he know? “Bhai…” I started, but he held up a hand.

“It’s written all over your face, Amaira. And it’s clear in his eyes how much he cares about you,” Bhai said, his tone gentle.

“I just want to make sure you’re happy.”

His words struck a chord with me, and I realized he was right.

I nodded slowly, finally admitting it to myself and to him. “Yes, Bhai, I do.”

He smiled warmly and pulled me into a hug.

"I’m happy for you, Amaira. Rudransh is a good man.”

As he left the room, I lay back on my bed, staring at the ceiling. My thoughts were consumed with Rudransh—his smile, his touch, the way he looked at me.

Did I really like him? The answer was clear: yes, I did.

But I reminded myself that I wouldn’t confront him about my feelings until he said something first.

With that resolve in mind, I let myself drift off to sleep, my heart a little lighter and my mind filled with thoughts of him.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hope you guys enjoyed their little romance

Stay tuned

Byessss ❤️