CH 22 THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

Hey cutiesss let's begin 💘

Author’s POV

Back at the Batra residence, The days after the event were spent reminiscing about the celebrations, sharing laughs, and slowly getting back into their routine.

But amidst this calm, a subtle tension brewed, especially between Rudransh and Amaira, as they navigated their feelings and the looming threat of Pratharv.

However, it wasn’t just Rudransh and Amaira who were feeling the pressure. Their families, who had been blissfully unaware of the depth of danger that Pratharv posed, were starting to notice the small changes in Rudransh’s demeanor and the protective way he hovered around Amaira.

Amaira’s POV

The morning after we returned home, the house felt strangely quiet without Aarav and Priya.

I was sitting at the dining table with a cup of tea, my mind still processing everything that had happened in the past few weeks.

From the wedding festivities to Rudransh’s sudden concern over Pratharv, it felt like my life had taken a turn I wasn’t quite prepared for.

“Good morning, Amaira,” came a voice that broke me out of my thoughts.

I looked up to see my mother, Mamta, entering the dining room with a warm smile.

“Morning, Maa,” I replied, smiling back.

Mamta sat down across from me, her eyes scanning my face with concern.

“You seem lost in thought, beta. Is everything okay?”

I hesitated for a moment, not wanting to worry her, but I knew I couldn’t hide my anxiety forever.

“It’s just… things have been so intense lately. Between the wedding, Rudra’s worries, and everything else, it feels like there’s a lot on my mind.”

My mother reached across the table, placing a comforting hand on mine.

“Amaira, I’ve noticed Rudransh has been more protective lately. Is something going on that I should know about?”

Before I could respond, my father, Aakash, walked into the room, looking slightly concerned as well.

“Morning, girls. What’s this serious conversation about?”

I sighed, knowing that I couldn’t keep them in the dark.

“It’s Rudra… he’s been worried about something. Something to do with Pratharv.”

My father’s expression hardened at the mention of Pratharv’s name.

“That man is nothing but trouble. Why is Rudra so concerned?”

I took a deep breath, trying to find the right words.

“Pratharv… he’s been causing problems. Rudra thinks he might try to do something to hurt us, especially after what happened at the wedding.”

Mamta’s eyes widened in alarm.

“But Rudra won’t let that happen, right? He’ll protect you.”

I nodded, feeling a wave of emotion wash over me.

“He’s doing everything he can, but I can tell it’s weighing on him. I’m just worried about how much he’s carrying on his shoulders.”

Aakash sat down beside me, his expression softening as he placed a reassuring hand on my back.

“Amaira, Rudra is a strong man. He’s doing what he thinks is best to keep you and the family safe. But you need to support him too. Don’t let him bear this burden alone.”