Ch 2 THE DINNER

Hope you will enjoy the reading

Author's pov

As the sun dipped below the horizon, Rudransh's heart raced with a mix of nerves and excitement. The invitation to dinner at Amaira's house held a mysterious allure that he couldn't quite decipher.

Rudransh's pov

I was excited to meet her but the reason for my excitement was unknown to me.

I was getting ready and trying different outfits while my brother and sister were watching me from the door of my room.

"Is this a royal wedding or just a casual get-together, bhai?" my sister teased, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Atharv joined in, "I've never seen you put this much effort into dressing up, bhai. What's the special occasion?"

I ignored their talks as I know they are gonna tease me.

As I twirled in front of the mirror, trying to find the perfect balance between casual and classy, their playful comments continued

"Maybe he's trying to impress someone," yashika whispered to my brother, barely concealing her grin.

"Are you both gonna stop or should I blacklist your cards and lock you both in a room" I said making both of them stand at there places.

"Let's go we are running out of time" by saying this I left the room and went to the other family members.

They both follow me like my tail.

"Oh look... Our son is looking more handsome today. Is there something special" chachu said while I made a irritated face.

"I guess we all should be on time so please stop this" and I walked to my car.

The car ride to her home felt like an eternity but we arrived.

Amaira stood at the door, wearing a blue colour kurta.
A vision of grace, as she welcomed my parents with a polite bow.

Uff these eye will be the cause of my death someday.

When her eyes met mine, she passed me a smile igniting a spark that felt inexplicably familiar and I returned her smile instantly.

Amaira's pov

Opening the door, I was met with Rudransh's parents, and I greeted them warmly.

Everyone was there but my eyes were searching for him.

There he was standing behind his brother in a white shirt. The upper 2 buttons of his shirt were opened and the eyes was complementing his whole look

When our gazes finally connected, a smile exchanged between us felt like a silent promise of something unspoken.

Control amaira

We all walked into the cozy gathering, finding our spots amidst the cheerful banter of friends and family.

"The food is delicious, Amaira. You should share the recipe with me," his mother remarked, her eyes twinkling with appreciation.

"Sure, aunty, I'll send it to you," I replied with a smile, touched by her compliment.

our fathers delved into a lively discussion about their school days, reminiscing about old memories while having their food.

"Remember that time we pulled that prank in class?" his father chuckled, nudging mine.

"Yeah, those were the days," my father replied, a nostalgic glint in his eyes.

In the midst of their laughter, he reached for the bowl, his hand accidentally brushing against mine.