CH 23 CLOSENESS

Lets get started 💘

Author’s POV

The following days were filled with a sense of cautious optimism. Amaira and Rudransh spent more time with each other’s families, strengthening the bond between them.

The Malhotras welcomed Amaira with open arms, making her feel like she was already part of their family. Likewise, the Batras were growing more fond of Rudransh, appreciating the way he cared for Amaira.

One evening, as Amaira and Rudransh were sitting with Yashika and Atharv in the Malhotra living room, the conversation turned to the upcoming charity event they were planning.

“So, Amu di,” Yashika began, her eyes twinkling with excitement,

“have you thought about what you’re going to wear to the gala?”

Amaira smiled, her thoughts briefly drifting to the event they had been organizing.

“I’m not sure yet. I want something elegant but also comfortable.”

Yashika grinned.

“Well, you know I’m a fashion designer, right? I could help you find the perfect outfit.”

Atharv, who had been quietly listening, chimed in with a teasing tone,

“Don’t let her dress you up too much, Amu di. She’ll have you walking the runway before you know it.”

The group laughed, and Amaira felt a warmth in her heart. Being surrounded by Rudransh’s family made her feel safe, loved, and more confident that they could overcome whatever challenges lay ahead.

As the evening drew to a close, Rudransh and Amaira found themselves alone in the garden, enjoying the cool night air.

“Snowflake,” Rudransh began, breaking the comfortable silence between them,

“I’ve been thinking a lot about the future.”

Amaira turned to look at him, curiosity piqued.

“What about the future?”

He took her hand in his, gently tracing circles on her palm with his thumb.

“About us. About where we’re headed.”

Her heart skipped a beat, and she looked into his eyes, searching for the meaning behind his words.

“And what do you see in our future, Rudra?”

He smiled, a soft, loving expression that made her heart melt.

“I see a life together, Amaira. I see us overcoming all these obstacles, building a family, and growing old together.”

She felt a surge of emotion, tears welling up in her eyes.

“Rudra… I want that too. More than anything."

He cupped my face with his hands, his thumbs gently brushing away the tears that had begun to spill over.

"Then let's not let anything or anyone stand in our way. We'll face everything together, snowflake, no matter what."

I nodded, unable to find the words to express how much I loved him in that moment. Instead, I leaned in, capturing his lips in a soft, tender kiss that spoke of all the promises we were making to each other.

When we finally pulled apart, Rudra rested his forehead against mine, his breath mingling with mine.

"I don't know what the future holds, but I do know one thing—I'm never letting you go, Amaira."