ch.18

"No that's all I saw" I told the police officer calmly.
But in reality I was scared and upset.

Another officer stepped inside the office. He was a bit younger than the one I was just talking to.

I looked at him and he gave me a warm smile. I smiled back.

"Hello Sistinas. I'm detective Liam. I'm also an officer. I prefer you to call me officer Liam. Do you mind explaining to me what happened again." He smiled reassuringly. I nodded in response.

Liam....? That name sounds so familiar.

Detective liam was rather good looking. About 20 or 21.

" Officer Liam, I'll be back" said the other officer I was just talking to earlier. "I have a few things to take care of"

"Alright officer Luke"

Officer Luke got up and walked out fast. I wonder what he needs to take care of.

"Alright Sistinas. You may start"
I nodded.

"We were having dinner. It was going so well. We were laughing and drinking. It was Wonderful..."

"Was it a date.?" Officer Liam asked cutting me off.

"Um not specifically that but something like that"
I croaked.
I put my head down. I don't know what to call it. A date.? A meeting.?

I looked up at officer Liam. He was a bit confused.

"What do you mean by that Sistinas.?"

"Well it wasn't really a date. We just came to talk about a few things."

"Alright. Now tell me if you might've noticed something different or wrong"

I thought about it and I didn't find anything wrong it was a rather good night till it happened. But then I remembered.

"Well officer Liam, there was one thing"

"And what is that one thing.?" He asked writing some things on his notepad.

"While we were beginng to talk Harry seem to change"

Officer Liam looked to me and put all his attention on what I will say next.

"What do you have mean he 'changed'. Be a bit more specific please."
I rolled my eyes. Duhh I was going to tell him but he interrupted me.

"Well out of no where he started to look a bit worried and scared. And I asked him what was wrong. all he said was he was going to the bathroom. I was waiting and just when 3 minutes went by the bathroom was full of flames. That's all I recall" I said remembering what I can.

I looked at officer Liam. He shook his head while writing something down.

"Did you see anyone leave the restroom.? "

"Um I don't think so. Why.?"

"Well my crew just got done investigating the place and they found out that the fire wasn't just caused from natural causes. Someone had started the fire...but it wasn't Harry"

I sunk in my chair. Who would cause a fire and try to kill Harry. That's just so...unreasonable.
But then I remembered.

"Well I did see someone run from the restroom...but I didn't think much of it. I thought it was just another customer at the restaurant"

"Do you remember what he looked like.?"

I went back to the memory trying to see if I did.

"Well I didn't get a good glimpse but I know it was a guy. I didn't pay much of attention because I was trying to save Harry."

Officer Liam nodded and wrote more on his paper.

"Officer Liam...how's Harry.?"

Officer Liam looked up to me and set his notepad to the side.

"Well thanks to you he made it out alive. Hes in a good condition. He has burns here and there but he's alright. From what I heard is that he is asleep right now and visits will start next week. And also, they say he lost a bit of memory so don't expect him to remember some things. I guess when the fire started he fell and hit his head on the sink "

Oh no...what if he forgot what he needed to tell me. Dammit.

"And also" he continued "we set an appointment for you to see him. It'll be in a week or so. I'm not positive."

"Well thank you officer Liam" I smiled nicely to him.

"No problem and also thank you. You may go home now. Do you need a ride.?"

"Um no. My moms here" I smiled.

He nodded and turned his attention to his papers.
Before I was going to walk out I remembered. His name sounded familiar and now I know why.

"Officer Liam.?"

"Yes.?"

"Do you know a girl by the name of Iyla.?"
he turned his attention back to me and smiled

"Well yes I do. My girlfriend. How do you know that.?"

"She goes to my school and told me she had a boyfriend named Liam"

"Oh. That's sweet" he smiled. He looks like a big puppy dog.

Isn't he a bit too old for her though...?

"So how did you guys meet.?" I asked

"Um well...I was an officer in her mothers case. I interviewed her just like I'm doing to you. And after months of talking and hanging out we decided to be something." He beamed. He looks so happy. "I'm going to marry her when she finishes highschool."

"That's wonderful " I smiled."well Liam. I have to get going. I'll see ya soon"

I walked out the door and headed towards my mother who sat in a chair in a waiting room.