002

march 26th, 2023

Elara's head was pounding. Her eyes open, but the room feels too bright, and it feels like the sun is piecing straight into her brain. She sits up with a groan, rubbing her eyes gently.

"God, what time is it?" Elara reaches for her phone, missing it a couple times. Her eyes are still squinted checking the time. It was past noon, the phone is filled with notifications and texts from friends.

1:34 AM

Lucyyyyyyy
Girl where did you go?

Lucyyyyyyy
hello? did someone give you a ride
home?

Lucyyyyyyy
tell me why i got a notification on
instagram that taylor swift is with
you right now???????

12:26 PM

El 💙
sorry, I got a ride home

El💙
taylor swift? huh?

El💙
I think we both were way
too drunk last night bc what?

Lucyyyyyyy
OMG YOUR ALIVE YOU
WERENT ANSWERING MY
TEXTS OR CALLS! I THOUGHT
YOU WERE DEAD!

El💙
nope. just horribly hungover

Elara sets her phone down and looks in the mirror. Same clothes as last night, makeup still on my face. She walks into her closet, trying to find something to wear.

She grabs one of her favorite sweatshirts from the closet, its fabric laying on her skin soft and comfortable. She slides it down over her torso and rubs her hands over it to remove any wrinkles. She then reaches for a pair of shorts, stepping into them one leg at a time. She adjusts the waistband and pulls her sweatshirt back down over them.

Elara yawns, putting her hand over her face before heading down to make breakfast. She runs her hands over the smooth granite countertops, making her way to the fridge.

She grabs her favorite cereal, then reaches for a bowl on the top shelf. She only fully wakes up when she misses the entire bowl, pouring the fruity pebbles all over the floor.

A curse slips out under her breath, but she doesn't clean it up. She's too tired for that. Normally, she would have bent down to pick it up immediately, making sure you never would've known there was a mess. But today, her headache is far too strong to do anything as productive as cleaning.

While reaching for the milk, another notification pops up on the phone. She shuts the fridge, picking up her phone and unlocking it.

Blonde that saved my life
Are you alive? You said you
would text me in the morning!

Elara Fleur (drunk hugger)
who is this?

Blonde that saved my life
did you seriously not even save
my number after I saved your life?

Elara Fleur (drunk hugger)
no i did, its saved as blonde that
saved my life. I have no idea who
you are to be completely honest
im so so sorry

Blonde that saved my life
my names taylor btw

Blonde that saved my life
you were like super duper
drunk yesterday and a guy like
put something in your drink
so i drove you home. ring a bell?