031

Okay guys, a couple things b4 this chapter!

So in this one, I may or may not have created some fake people that in this universe Taylor is friends with. Just roll with it, okay? They don't exist.

second, i put two chapters into one for this one, so that makes it sooner that cool stuff happens? are you ready for it?

this chapter is a little longer than normal, so get cozy!

October 26, 2023

"Taylor, can you stop running around the house like your on fire? I mean, like your smoking hot, but not on fire." Elara groaned, throwing her head back against the couch.

All throughout the morning, Taylor busied herself with an almost obsessive ferver, meticulously cleaning every nook and cranny of her home in preparation for the release party for 1989 (Taylor's Version). Each surface was scrubbed to a gleaming shine, and then scrubbed again. Every piece of furniture had been moved and rearranged about five times, trying to make the room "less boring" as Taylor said.

In just a few hours, the quiet solitude of their home would be replaced with the vibrant energy of her friends. (Who still didn't know she was dating Elara, which freaked both of them out.)

Meanwhile, Elara watched Taylor's relentless efforts with a mixture of annoyance and confusion. To her, the notion of cleaning the house so thoroughly seemed silly, given that it would inevitably be left in a state of disarray once the party concluded. She couldn't quite grasp why Taylor invested so much effort into a task destined to be undone. She'd much rather sit on the couch watching edits of her girlfriend. Which is what she was doing. Yet, she watched and observed the determination on Taylor, who believed it must be perfect.

"No, I can't actually. This doesn't seem right." She pouted, crossing her arms and shifting her weight between her feet as she looked through the room, desperate to find the problem. "I just don't know what's wrong."

"Maybe if you sat at my angle and let me lay against you, you'd find it." Elara offered. With a disappointed sigh, Taylor sat down on the couch, her body sinking into the cushions. The younger girl took that as an opportunity to lay her head down in Taylor's lap, curling her legs up against her.

She just started to get comfortable when Taylor shot up, making Elara left alone once again, frowning. "I forgot to get drinks! Shit!" Taylor cried out, grabbing her face in her hands.

"Got it this morning. There's like ten different things on the counter. I made Greg go get it." Taylor immediately felt at ease knowing that her girlfriend took care of it.

"Thanks, you're amazing." Taylor sat back down, kissing Elara's forehead as the brunette curled back into her previous position.

For the next two hours, they lounged on the couch, their bodies sinking into the cushions as the minutes ticked by. The room was bathed in a soft golden hue from the afternoon light, which casted through the windows. They remained in this tranquil state of inactivity until they assumed people would be showing up, and they would have to turn on their acting mode.

Taylor's thoughts started to drift aimlessly, touching on heartfelt memories and daydreams, which Elara found herself not daring to look away from the blonde, instead bewitched in her electric blue eyes.

Elara even started to drift off to sleep before the doorbell rang. With a jump, Taylor jerked up from the couch, sliding in her cat socks to open the front door. She smoothed out her hair before greeting Selena on the other end.