019

i made a playlist for this story! there aren't too many songs in it, but you can find it on spotify. it's just titled OMAY, because i was too lazy to write the full title.

August 20th, 2023, Bellevue Kentucky

Elara's knuckles rapped against the door with a fierce intensity, each knock echoing through the small neighborhood. Her brows were furrowed in frustration, her eyes ablaze with a mix of anger and sadness. The sound against the door reverberated, a clear signal of her simmering emotions, demanding to be heard.

When she saw the rusting doorknob begin to turn, she stepped back, knowing if she was too close she would react in a way that isn't logical.

Owen's face showcased exhaustion. Must've had a long night of partying. He yawned, blinking his eyes to see a clear view of who was in front of him. His gaze flickered between fear and confusion when his green eyes made contact with Elara's.

Without permission, Elara shoved herself into the house, slamming the door behind her. She stood in front of Owen, trying to get as close to eye-to-eye as she could, but he was 6'1, and that was no match for her.

"Elara- I- What are you doing here?" He muttered out. She could smell the residue of alcohol on his tongue.

The brunette crossed her arms, her chest rising stiffly. "Better question, what's she doing here?" Elara turned her head and stared straight into the soul of the dark haired girl walking out of the hallway behind them.

"Baby, who's this?" Her voice seemed honest, like she really didn't know what Elara was doing here. Maybe she could be an actor, she almost fooled me.

Owen's eyes darted nervously between the two girls, his breath quickening with each passing second. His hands fidgeted at his sides, and a bead of sweat trickled down his temple. The tension was palpable as he struggled to find his voice, the fear evident in his wide eyes and the way he bit his lover lip, unsure of what to say next.

"Laila, this is Elara. Elara, uh, Laila." He let out a nervous laugh.

"I don't give a fuck who she is. What's your new little girlfriend doing here?" She grunted out, voice begging for answers. When he didn't answer, she gave up on words.

He may have been taller and stronger, but if there was someone who knew how to get someone to speak, it was Elara. She picked up her leg and pushed him backwards into the wall behind them, sending a photo frame falling off the shelf. When he was against the wall, she grabbed him by his neck, holding him from moving.

"Fucking cheater!" Elara roared, tightening her grip on his neck.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Owen shook his head in fear, his black hair covering his eyes.

"Sorry doesn't make up for three." She kicked him in his groin. "Wasted."She used her elbow to get a direct hit into his ribs. "Years!" With the last word, she used her anger to push his head against the wall, and watched as blood trickled down the wall.

"Acting like your father won't solve anything." Owen's voice wasn't filled with fear any more, just pure rage and pain. He defended against himself, switching their positions so Elara was against the wall.

Owen pushed her onto the floor, and put himself over top of her. He put her hands over her head and held them down with a tight grip. Elara's breathing became heavy, noticing a similar technique to ones used in her past. She knew she couldn't stop anything that happened to her, so she just closed her eyes and tried to zone out.

"You going to leave me? Really? Because you tried that once, and look where we ended up. Back together, your mouth shut, and a little tattoo on your hip. Want me to remind you to stay?" He hissed at her, and she shook her head, her eyes meeting his, tears blocking her from seeing clearly.