037

I know I said i wasn't really going to warn you guys about stuff during this and to just be prepared, but there's mentions of sensitive topics in here, like physical violence and substance abuse. if you don't feel comfortable reading this, let me know, and I can give you a little summary instead!
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233

also, I imagine maisie's face claim being Madelyn Cline

also, 4 chapters in two days?!? I'm cooking fr

December 1st, 2023

Taylor was a heavy sleeper.

The blonde lay peacefully asleep, her gentle breathing the only sound heard in the room during the morning silence. Elara, ever so carefully, slowly slipped out of bed, her movements deliberate as she looked back at Taylor, ensuring that her girlfriend remained undisturbed, her chest rising and falling in a steady rhythm.

Elara had been planning this quiet departure meticulously, hiding any signs of her leaving from Taylor. Every step she took was measured, her feet barely making a sound on the floor. She tiptoed to the closet, where she had laid out her clothes the night before. With silent ease, she slipped out of her pajamas, pulling the new fabric onto her body.

Her heart pounded. She never hid anything from Taylor. Elara knew if Taylor woke up, there would be questions, concerns, and an attempt to stop her. Elara couldn't afford that; she had to leave without a trace.

Dressed and ready, Taylor took one last look at Taylor, a pang of guilt building in her heart. She hated leaving without saying goodbye. With one final breath, she turned the doorknob slowly, ensuring it didn't make a sound as she made her way to her car.

The car ride to her father's house was tense. Elara's nerves were on edge, filled with anxiety about the upcoming encounter. She hadn't seen him since she left at eighteen, and she never imagined she'd be returning. But there she was, pulling into his driveway.

Memories flooded back as she parked the car. The familiar surroundings brought back an unknown emotion in Elara's heart. her hand gripped the steering wheel tightly, her heart racing with uncertainty.

With each step towards the front door, Elara's mind raced through possible scenarios. She hoped what she had heard from her father over the last week was true. He was supposedly clean and kind now.

She knocked on the door, and almost immediately, her father answered. Her eyes widened when she looked at the man that raised her. (Well, kind of.)

His face was growing slight stubble, much less than the full beard he had when she was younger. His hair was greying, slight wrinkles forming around his nose. He greeted her with a smile that sent chills down her arms.

"Elara, my god, I missed you." Her father bellowed out, his arms reaching out to hold her. Her breath got stuck in her throat when he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her in for an embrace. At first she was worried, every touch from this man was dangerous. But then, her body relaxed, sinking into the hug. This was what she had been wishing for her entire life.

"Hi dad." Elara mumbed out, releasing herself from his arms.

He smiled at her. "Come in, come in." He opened the door wider, and Elara walked in, looking around at her old childhood home. Memories came flooding back, some good, some bad.

Her father guided her into the living room, where he sat down onto the couch, popping his feet up onto an ottoman. It looked a lot different since when Elara came. "Mon biquet, how have you been? I've missed so much of your life. Your music seems to be pretty good. Other than your ex. I hope he's out of your life now, I don't like him."