012

May 23rd, 2023

May 23rd, 2023

The mixer wasn't working.

Elara had found a recipe on making cupcakes with alcohol in them, which caught her attention. She had immediately sent one of her security to Walmart to go get stuff to make it.

She had everything mixed, but the mixer wasn't starting. Pushing power wasn't working. Changing the setting wasn't working, either.

The brunette was groaning at her phone while searching up how to work it online.

She found the safety manual from the brand on their website, and clicked on it, scrolling through the instructions.

"Start by placing the whisks into the-" Elara read them out loud. "No shit sherlock, why else would they be there?" She said to herself. She wondered if her neighbors ever heard her talking to herself. I mean, they must not, right? She'd surely be in a mental asylum.

Her eyes looked further into the instructions. 'Make sure your mixer is plugged in..' "Well duh, it's plugged-"

Elara let out a small laugh, shaking her head at herself. The plug was hanging down the counter, instead on being plugged into the wall.

She connected the mixer to the wall, and it immediately started going. She picked it up and started mixing. The sugar puffed, sending the whole room into a dusty mess. Elara coughed, using her other hand to clear the air from her face.

After it was mixed, she poured the batter into the cupcake pan, and put it into the oven. It just said 'until done' on the instructions, so she didn't set a timer, telling herself she'd just check it later.

Jumping back on the couch and laying out her legs, Elara pulled out her phone and had a notification from just a minute ago.

Clara Lovves
hey, I'm pulling in! open
the door?????

With a grunt, Elara stood up from the couch and walked towards the front door. She peaked out the window to make sure she was there, and saw the blonde walking up to the door. She watched as she stepped up the front porch, her sneakers untied.

She waited until Clara knocked before opening the door. Elara was nervous to open it.

For a moment, Elara stood in front of the door. Her hand trembled slightly as it hovered over the doorknob. She felt her heart pounding with a mix of emotions. Her brain was running with ideas and different scenarios, causing her to be stressed, her palms sweaty. Looking at her through the window, she remembered their past memories. The rules broken, the ending of their friendship, filled with unresolved tension.

She smoothed out her shirt and checked her reflection in the nearby mirror. She wanted everything to be perfect. To forget about the very unplanned ending, and perhaps mend the bridge between them. Chances are, she's grown from her mistakes, and they can be friends again. Elara wanted nothing more than to be friends again. She'd do anything.