LINEN

Current day
Elfereso
10:42a.m.
LINEN

Linen stood up with a heavy head. He knew he had been beaten up before but he felt nothing, he saw no scratch and figured he was okay. He looked around.
He did not know where he was. ‘Dad!’ he yelled. ‘Dad!’ he shouted louder and the guard woke up. ‘I want my father,’ Linen groaned.

‘He will be here soon,’ the trembling guard lied. ‘You are in Elfereso, the Kingdom of elves. You have been sent here so, we may teach you how to use your powers. Your  father alone cannot do that because his does not have all the races’ powers neither does he know that now we have a common enemy with followers,’ the elf guard explained.

‘I do not understand,’ Linen asked confused.

‘You must go to the King for he is the only one who can explain it more,’ the guard concluded.

‘Okay, then, let me go,’ Linen requested.

‘I am sorry but I have to send to the King that you want to be released before I can do that else, it will be a death sentence for me,’ the guard explained and turned to give a message to the next.

After about seven minutes the second guard came in with a middle aged man with short hair, dressed in beautiful silk and accompanied by some ladies.
His dad had already warned him that elves were extremely powerful races and there are the cunning ones. He had told him of how he encountered a cunny one. It was a very funny story even for Linen.

The King smiled genuinely and bowed to Linen, leaving him in shock. So, Linen in turn bowed down to the King as well, to show respect.

‘It seems there is a lot you do not know,’ the King began. ‘Let him out!’ he commanded. ‘We cannot lock up this young man.’
Linen was confused. They were treating him so well that it made him wonder so much. It was so much that he thought that there was something behind the hospitality.

‘Thanks,’ he said smiling widely, coming out of the cell.

‘Let us head over to my throne room shall we?’ the King invited.

‘I will explain everything there,’ the King concluded leading Linen to the throne room.
Linen entered the magnificent looking throne room. It was extra-large and had golden designs all over the tall walls. He admired the place for a while and then his eye caught the throne. To him most definitely it was magnificent. He stared at it for a while before finally coming back to his senses. The King sat on his throne and then there was silence for a while.

‘You said you wanted to explain something to me,’ Linen reminded breaking off the disturbing silence.

‘Oh yes, I am sorry I forgot, there is surely a lot you need to know, he said and breathed in. ‘Do you know of Ravelehonysare?’ he asked.

‘Yes, I think so. He is the first Octavian right?’ he guessed.

‘Yes, surely that makes things easier. Do you know his story?’

‘Yes, I was forced by my dad to read about him,’ Linen explained. ‘What about him?’

‘I know you will not believe it but to go straight to the point, you are his re incarnate. Well, before you were born, there was a prophecy that Ravelehonysare gave. He said he would be reincarnated as well as his wife. No one has seen his wife’s reincarnate but everyone has noticed you right from when you were born seventeen years ago. Your father was not supposed to keep you with him rather he was to take you to every race so you would learn how to use your powers,’ he paused.

‘So you are saying I have more powers that I have not unlocked?’ Linen asked shocked.

‘Your father really kept you in the dark. How many races do you know about,’ he asked.

‘All.’

‘How many in particular?’

‘Nine.’

‘Good, but to be sincere, there are eleven different races and so you have eleven different powers you have not unlocked. We will be starting with the powers of the elves which is the fighting style (taijustu). Just so you will know, the citizens worship you so do not resent yourself for you are at a higher stage than myself. I will also advise you to suck in your aura just a little bit. The only reason we brought you here is because we have a common enemy that needs to be defeated by you and I do not suppose you know him. He is the King of the Cankerworms. Cankerworms are a new different types of race that came up several years before you were born. When you were born, every race wanted you dead but after thinking it through we decided to help you get strong so that we will all be saved by you. We all know that canker is a disease that only affects the royal family so he or she would die; therefore, we want to destroy it. All the races would be glad if you accept our request and defeat the Cankerworm King for us. We are no match for him; it is only you that is the strongest aside God. Let us settle you down first before we teach you our powers,’ the King concluded.

‘Thank you,’ Linen appreciated. He needed to process all the King had just said. When he settled down he kept going over what the elf King had told him. He did not know a certain guy existed but he was working to kill that certain guy he has not seen before and every race depends on him to save all of them. Things were certainly getting creepy.

He was scared for a second but he knew he would get over it. He just wanted a happy life and a comfortable one but right now he knew he could not have one.

The next day was woken up by a gathering of superiors in Elfereso. When they saw he was awake they bowed immediately.

They waited for him to have his bath and dress up and they all left to a very large field. He stared around and from the looks of it the place was a training ground.

After four hours of training each day for about five to seven days they let him rest a bit. According to them he was getting more and more powerful every day.

After five months, Linen decided that it was time to leave and move to another dimension where some other race would be and he would learn a different power.

He was about to leave Elfereso when he heard a loud sound. He turned back immediately and ran toward the direction of the sound as well as the King and his accomplices.

As they reached the spot, something they could not see hit the elf King hard on his face. The rest got on alert as they tried to defend themselves.

‘A Cankerworm,’ Linen murmured.

‘What? How can you see it?’ one of the chieftains asked. It was not really possible for races to see cankerworms who have made themselves invisible, but shockingly, Linen could see it perfectly. Linen kept shut searching the Cankerworm trying to find a weak spot. The chieftains stared at Linen’s eyes, they were white. They was not surprised, Linen was Ravelehonysare’s reincarnate. He did not know when he stared so heard at the Cankerworm and it blew up.

‘Oh well,’ he said and turned to leave. The chieftains could not believe it. Just a mere stare. Even though they could not see the Cankerworm, it became visible when it blew up.

‘Such magnificent power,’ the chieftains murmured.
Immediately after, Linen left. He walked through the portals thinking of where he would go next. He thought about median and when he opened his eyes he was in a different place.