LINEN

Current day
Earth
10:00am
LINEN

He sniffed again, were his sibling’s crazy, why the hell would they think of going to Octavia. He could not let them go because if they do, the person who killed their parents might as well kill them, couldn’t they at least try to survive rather than walking into death. He quickly got out of bed as his nurse came in.

‘Sir,’ she began. ‘You are not fully healed yet,’ she reprimanded.

‘You don’t worry, when the sun sees my skin I will be healed,’ he cooed. He quickly ran out far away, he did not stop, into the woods and to the desert and then he stopped.

He cast a magic spell and immediately he was in Octavia. He sniffed the air as he stepped in, he stared around. Dad had said that Octavia was the most beautiful place ever and now he was seeing how true it was, he adored the place for a few minutes and then got back to his senses. He stared ahead and saw them, his siblings, and his blood for the first time in his life. He adored his sister and felt a connection with her instantly. Then he noticed something. They were trying to get past a set of guards. He quickly rushed toward the entrance portal.

‘Hey,’ he began, ‘they are Octavian’s let them in,’ he commanded. ‘And why would I listen to you, kid, where did you come from any way? What is your name?’ Rhonda checked him. You better go to your house because I am pretty sure if your parents see you they will be real pissed. Go on, get out now’.

‘I am Linen Octavia, son of Olaskay Octavia, kindly let my siblings in,’ he requested.

‘You are not a citizen, kindly leave, else we would be compelled to use force,’ Rhonda commanded.

‘I am an Octavian and so are my siblings,’ Linen argued.

‘I heard some people from earth bear the name Octavia, you cannot trick us.’ the man said and attempted to push him.

‘Kindly leave,’ Rhonda pleaded.

‘Till you let my siblings in,’ he said and sniffed, their father’s killer was definitely in Octavia, he could not let them be here themselves and at the mercy of the murderer. Sylas and Viran immediately remembered that their dad had that power too. Was he really their brother?

‘Yes,’ Olaskay answered for them.

‘Dad, how?’ they both chorused.

‘I know it is strange. I had myself prepared to be reincarnated before I died,’ Olaskay explained before they could ask any more questions. He stared at Linen. Linen had sure grown more than he imagined.

‘Dad,’ he whispered. His father was held outside too but the others could not really recognize him, it was only his close relatives that could, after all he had not been in Octavia for several years.

‘Let them in!,’ Linen shouted. He wanted to hug his father badly. He wanted to cry on his chest and tell him what he had been through, what the humans were doing to him. He wanted to tell him how much he wanted his dad and mom around; life was actually hard for him.

‘Like you own this place, I am sorry young man but you are leaving with them,’ Rhonda informed.

‘I will kill you,’ Linen began.

‘Linen,’ his father screamed after him. ‘No one is supposed to know that you are here, stop please, you are a threat to the royal family, because you are my son and their weakness, you need to calm down. Stop it Linen, your aura, please, control it,’ Olaskay shouted in fear. ‘Fuck’, he cursed.

‘Force your way in,’ Olaskay panicked. ‘He will bring down this place he said and immediately Sylas and Viran obeyed, they did not understand what was going on till they saw clouds gathering. Several Octavian’s gathered and they saw him, Rinel their uncle with a shocked, priceless look on his face and his mouth slightly open.

‘I will kill you,’ Linen snarled. ‘How dare you keep me away from my father, lock my siblings outside and you dare refuse what I command of you, now you will pay,’ he said to the door men who were already afraid of his sudden outburst. And then purple lightning struck as the door men let them in instantly. Ford gasped as well as Rinel. That was the power of the first Octavian, Ravelehonysare. Rinel saw his brother, he thought Ford had killed him, just then it occurred to him that his brother had learnt so much that he developed a new technique like reincarnating oneself or maybe even living in the afterlife in this universe. He feared Olaskay’s son who had the power of the first Octavian. He then knew why Ford was afraid and he regretted not sending Ford to kill the rest of the family, now not only is Olaskay a threat, he even gave birth to bigger threats.

‘Linen,’, Olaskay shouted.

‘What is the meaning of this Olaskayriaserah,’ Rinel began and everyone stared at him including the rampaging Linen. He got complete control of himself as he watched. No one had ever heard Olaskay’s full name before. The people were confused, they thought that Olaskay would have been dead by now. Little did they know that he had fled before the King could even think of killing him?

‘You foolish being, you exiled yourself so quickly that you missed an opportunity. You are stronger than me and because of that you were to be King and that was why I hated you and still do. You were supposed to be King and marry the woman you had always wanted, Ereonmorandi. But the fool you are made you to run for your life when father was killing all. And then you married that weak thing that could not even heal herself from a mere canker disease, that weak woman called Balandyhirachi. I am so disappointed in you Olaskayriaserah. What the hell now is even happening to your son? Why is he here? How did he get the powers of Ravelehonysare?’ Rinel concluded.

Olaskay just laughed. ‘So what happened to her, huh?’ Olaskay asked.

‘Who?’ Rinel questioned.

‘Ereon,’ Olaskay said.

‘She committed adultery and was caught so according to judgment, she was stoned to death,’ Rinel narrated.

‘Wow,’ was all Olaskay said and went ahead to meet Linen. ‘Are you okay?’ he began.

‘Of course dad,’ Linen boomed with happiness.

‘What are you children doing in Octavia?’ Olaskay asked.

‘They came here and I just followed to protect them,’ Linen explained.

‘We are sorry dad, we did not have any other family so we just decided to come here,’ Viran defended, staring at Rinel keenly.

‘It was only you that wanted it,’ Sylas denied. ‘I was just following you because you are my older sister.’ Sylas said making everyone laugh lightly.

‘Dad, there is much I want to know about you other than what you have told me. When, how and why did you come too earth?’ he asked and his father sighed.

‘It all happened when I turned twenty-four, Rinel turned fifty-Nine and dad turned one hundred and two, he was so weak,’ he began.