Chapter 8

THE WEEKEND(Chloe's POV)
———————————————————————————
It was still quite early in the morning as I packed my belongings for our weekend getaway. Red was peacefully asleep, looking utterly adorable. Once I finished organizing everything and preparing, I gathered all of Red's items and set them aside. Knowing exactly what she would want to pack, I took the liberty of doing it for her. When I was done, I settled back into bed to wake her up.

"Love, it's time to wake up," I said gently. She remained still, not budging an inch.

"Wake up, love," I urged, shaking her lightly. Still, there was no response.

"Red, if you don't wake up, I might just leave without you," I warned. Yet, there was still no reaction.

"Ugh, fine! You're making me resort to drastic measures," I declared. I stood up and playfully leaped onto her.

"Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed, rubbing her eyes as I burst into laughter.

"Was that really necessary princess?" she asked, still half-asleep.

"Absolutely," I replied, grinning.

"You could have just kissed me awake," Red mumbled.

"Wait, what?" I said, my cheeks flushing. I heard her giggle as she looked at me.

"You heard me. Just kiss me, and voilà, I'm awake," she said, a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

"I'll have to remember that," I replied, and she smiled back at me.

"What?" I questioned, feigning innocence.

"It's just an excuse for you to kiss me," she teased. I shot her a playful glare as my face turned even redder, and she laughed.

"You're so annoying!" I exclaimed.

"I'm not!" she retorted. We bantered back and forth for a moment until she climbed on top of me.

"Hey!" I said, feeling flustered. Red just chuckled in delight.

"What's the matter? Feeling a bit flustered?" she teased. My words stumbled as I struggled to respond, turning my gaze away. Red laughed and turned my face back to hers.

"I'm just playing with you, princess," she said, leaning in to kiss me. I kissed her back, placing one hand on her cheek and the other on the back of her head. It took us a moment to pull away.

"Does that make up for it?" she asked, her eyes sparkling.

"I don't know. Maybe you should try again," I suggested playfully.

"Really, princess?" she said, pulling back as I laughed. We both stood up, ready for the day ahead.

"Did you pack for me?" she inquired, and I nodded.

"You were sleeping so soundly, I thought it would be one less thing for you to worry about," I explained. Red smiled warmly.

"Aw, Bluey! Thank you," she said. I smiled and hugged her, and she returned the gesture. Afterward, she headed off to get ready for the ride. We both changed into comfortable clothes and brought our bags to the front to wait for our driver. It wasn't long before he—Chad—arrived.

"What's up, Chad?" I greeted him.

"Hey, sis! And hello to my sister's girlfriend," he said, nodding at Red and me. Red shot him a playful look.

"So, that's what I'm being called now?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, for the most part," he replied with a laugh. Red rolled her eyes as Chad loaded our bags into the back of the car. Red and I settled into the back seat, and Chad started driving.