Thunderstorm Woes

(Random short story that wouldn't leave my brain so I had to get it out! I have this hc that Funny doesn't like thunderstorms because of how loud they are!)

Mick, Minn, Don, Dias, Goof and the two pups were splashing in puddles as they hurried to get out of the woods to get into the Funhouse. While they had expected the storm to come, the gang didn't think it would come so quickly! Still, they wore their rubbers and made sure to tread carefully so they wouldn't slip (aside from Donald and Daisy who simply shared an umbrella. They're ducks, remember?). " Ya know, I wonder if Funny has any hot cocoa left! I could go for some! " Said Mickey before a roll of thunder went over them. They all covered their ears, (Minnie could only lower hers due to the fact that she was holding Creampuff) but smiled at the noise. Mother Nature was playing her favorite song! The Funhouse soon came into full view and everyone let out a sigh of relief and joy. " Knowing Funny, he's got hot cocoa and more that'll reach to the roof! " Called out Daisy who was just behind him and Minnie. " LAST ONE IN IS A SOGGY SANDWICH! " Cried Goofy, who was dead last with Pluto, as he rushed in front of everyone and to the front door. The rest all cried out playfully when they got splashed and followed right behind him.

Wiping their feet on the placemat, hanging their wet hats n jackets on the rack and leaving their boots outside, the gang was welcomed with a wave of much-needed warm air. Everyone's fur/feathers poofed up when they shivered in delight! " Funny? Are ya here? " Called out Donald while Pluto began to sniff around for him. He did quickly pick up his scent but also two other scents from within the kitchen. Creampuff whined to be put down so she could follow her big brother and Minnie obliged. Soon, there were three barks and a trill of joy! The sidekicks had been reunited once more! While that was happening, there was the sound of boiling water coming from the tank before a pop! revealed Funny! But Funny looked a little nervous if the gang could be honest!

" Funny! There you are-...Funny? What's the matter with ya? You look like you've seen a ghost! " Said Goofy, scratching at his head. Funny let out a nervous giggle and shook his head. " Matter? Matter! Nothing's the m-matter! No no no no! Ho Ho! Everything is fi-ha-hine! " He exclaimed, forcing himself to smile brightly...oh, but that wasn't working. He was just getting more concerned looks! Daisy raises a brow. " You know, the last time you told us you were fine, I remember Minnie picking sand out of her fur and I had to take a shower after being sneezed into an ice block. " She recalled with a smirk. His fear soon turned to embarrassment and his cheeks turned a dark blue. Minnie huffed at her wife a bit and rolled her eyes playfully. " Don't worry about that old news but she has a point. You should tell us if something is wrong! " She reminded while the rest took a seat on a couch, floor or on the stools in front of the tank. Even the pets and Windy came over in curiosity.

He hesitated to tell them at first. He thought it was an embarrassing thing to be fussing over. He had already spent so much time keeping Windy and Teddy from knowing but before he could get a word out, thunder rumbled loudly and Funny cringed in fear. The lights began to flicker, dimming to everyone sudden horror, but the lights soon went back to normal when Funny recovered. " Ohhh, " Mickey said, " Does the thunderstorm have something to do with this? " The Funhouse nodded in shame. " Yes.." He sighed.

" Are you afraid of Thunderstorms? " Asked Minnie.

" Yes..."

" Are they too loud? " Asked Daisy.

" Yes..."

" Would you like a way to feel better? " Asked Donald.

" Yes...please? "

Donald took off his hat and rummaged a bit before he pulled out a pair of sound-canceling headphones. He motioned for Funny to come over and, now as a glowing blue orb, Funny floated over to Donald's side. Having his friend sit right beside him, he placed the headphones on Funny's head and suddenly, the horrible sounds of the thunder melted away into the sound of waves crashing in the distance. Funny's eyes widened in surprise! He- He couldn't hear the scary thunder!! He practically shoved himself into Don's chest, crying out many " thank yous!! " to him. Donald signed the appropriate " You're welcome " to his friend before hugging him.Windy whistled proudly at him. Their days of teaching the gang ASL with Funny and Fig were starting to pay off! Just as Don was going to get up, he tapped Funny. " Hmm? " Funny hummed, looking to the duck. " Can we have Hot Cocoa? Please? " He signed, nearly forgetting to add the please!

Funny laughed. " Of course you guys can! I bought a new box yesterday! Enjoy! "