9. Faldas

Fina tiptoed around the kitchen trying to not wake Marta who was snoring adorably in bed. She retrieved two teacups from the cupboard, closing the doors as quietly as she could. Pouring coffee into both, her heart warmed at how domestic she felt. It was almost as if they were married. Fina swooned at the thought, nothing would make her happier. She loved mornings with Marta by her side. It set her mood right for the day.

She had woken up almost an hour earlier and laid in bed gazing at Marta and recalling the previous evening. Tobar's, the taxi...after the taxi...She sighed.

Fina felt so content that she almost didn't want Marta to wake up so she could live in her bliss a little longer. They would have to return to the colony soon and Fina wasn't looking forward to it. She loved her friends and father but everyone knew each other too well, and they were always in each others business. She had no privacy.

Marta shifted in the bed and Fina turned on the radio. Luna de Miel lilted gently through the apartment. She added sugar to her cup, leaving Marta's black and crossed the room, taking care not trip over the clothes strewn about the floor.

"Buenos dias, mi amor," Fina hummed. She set Marta's coffee on the nightstand next to her and kissed her forehead. Marta groaned and rolled into her pillow.

"How are you awake already?" she grumbled, the pillow muffling her voice.

"For starters, I think you had more to drink than me," Fina poked.

"Mmm..we both had two," Marta retorted weakly.

Fina raised her eyebrows in disbelief, "Bueno, but cognac is a little stronger than wine, no?"

Marta didn't respond but unburied her head and turned to pick up the coffee, giving Fina a playfully guilty smile.

"Plus that bartender was giving you very generous pours." Fina's voice dripped with insinuation.

She looked at Marta out of the corner of her eye and sipped her coffee. She was joking, but only just. Being unbothered was not her strong suit.

Marta smiled teasingly, "Ohh siii, that's why."

Fina pursed her lips and let it go. She didn't want to give Marta any reason to be mad at her. They were only going to be alone for a few more hours.

"Thank you for making coffee," Marta said changing the subject.

She leaned to kiss Fina's shoulder. "I wish we had gotten something to make for breakfast though, I'm starving."

Fina's eyes lit up. Seeing an opportunity to extend their getaway she suggested, "We could go somewhere? Isn't there a a cafe we've passed a few times close to here?" Marta reached for her watch on the nightstand.

"I don't know if we have time," she said, her voice apologetic.

Fina felt the wind go out of her sails but tried to mask her disappointment. She rested her cup in her lap and looked away.

"Oh you're right I guess. Maybe next time."

She glanced at Marta who was eyeing her over the top of her coffee.

"Or..." Marta trailed off, "I could speed a little on the way home?"

Fina smiled enthusiastically. Marta set her coffee on the nightstand and swung her legs over the side of the bed next to Fina to stand up.

"We've got to get dressed quickly though if we want to go. Where's my bra?" Marta mumbled.

Fina laughed and started to gather her clothes.