15. Mon Amor

"Delivery for a Señora De la Reina!" Fina called through the apartment door, jokingly lowering her voice an octave. Her hands were full of bags and boxes so she kicked the wood gently in lieu of knocking.

There was a muffled commotion inside and Fina winced picturing the scene. After a moment Marta opened the door, still in her robe.

"Lo siento Señor, only a couple Señora Valeros live here," she teased, her eyes sparkling.

Fina's heart fluttered—if only they shared a last name. She bit her lip to keep from outwardly swooning. Marta took some of the bags and waved her into the apartment, kissing her once they were inside.

Setting down a box of croissants in the kitchen, Fina leaned back against the counter, pulling Marta closer by the belt of her robe. She kissed her neck and mumbled, "I'm surprised you're not dressed yet sleepyhead, I was gone for two hours."

Marta laughed and shied away. "I must have lost track of time unpacking. Let me go change."

"I wasn't complaining!" Fina called after her, playfully grabbing at Marta's waist as she walked away.

They had arrived in Paris just two days before and were still getting settled. The apartment was larger than the one in Madrid and, while it was partially furnished, it was missing a lot of the comforts of a home and almost everything that should be in a kitchen. Apparently Doña Lambert was not one to cook or even eat for that matter. They didn't even have dishes, which were what filled most of the bags Fina had brought in.

"What was that noise before you came to the door?" Fina shouted, remembering.

"Oh, I knocked over one of the moving boxes," Marta's voice echoed back from the bedroom.

Fina peered through the doorway. She could see most of the apartment from where she was standing. The space felt very feminine and light with its mauve and coffee color scheme. The galley kitchen led into an airy living room which also had a small dining table on one side under a set of windows. There was an overturned box and a pile of books strewn across the floor near the couch. Fina went to pick them up.

"I walked past a bookstore on my way back just now. It looked cozy, we should go soon," she said bending over to stack the books next to the armchair. "Though I'm not sure you need any more novels," she added laughing, but stopped short when she felt Marta's touch from behind. She had pulled Fina's hips into her own, fitting their bodies together.

"Is there something I can help you with Señora Valero?" Fina joked, smiling as the name spilled from her lips. She held onto the arm of the chair and pushed herself harder into Marta.

"Mmhumm," Marta hummed, softly bumping their bodies together, "I can think of a few things I need help with."

Fina laughed and stood up, turning to face her. Marta looked vaguely disappointed by the change in position but took advantage and kissed Fina's neck, making her eyelashes flutter. Fina dropped her hands to Marta's waist, her fingers passing over what felt like a belt loop, and she pulled back to investigate.

Marta was wearing a shortsleeved, mock neck top and matching high-waisted black pants that stopped right above her ankle. Fina felt an immediate and insistent hum in her abdomen as she stared open mouthed.

"What? Whats wrong?" Marta asked concerned.

"Oh, uh, nothing, no, I've just never..." Fina stumbled over her words before finally blurting out, "I don't think I've seen you in pants?"

Marta softened and smiled flirtatiously, slipping her hands into her pockets. "Ah, well what do you think? I bought them before we left. They seemed fitting for Paris."