Awakening

Thud

The transformed Tohka watches as she sees Gotchard transform back into Shido after receiving an unexpected attack from Valvarad.

Tohka: You.... You attacked Shido....

Valvarad: Heh.... That's what he gets for getting in my way.

Tohka: You attacked Shido.....

Valvard: Huh?

Tohka: You attacked Shido!

Tohka explodes with a malicious aura around her as gigantic draconic crystal-like wings pop out of her back. She dashes toward as she clenches her fist. Valvarad was quick to react as he brought up his weapon to block Tohka's punch.

The force from Tohka's punch was enough to push the transformed alchemist back. His feet slid on the ground as the punch had launched him at a good distance away.

Valvarad felt his arms numb from taking the attack from Tohka.

Valvarad: Damn so that's what the power of a spirit feels like, huh.

Tohka: AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHH! YOU'LL PAY FOR HURTING SHIDO!

The transformed Tohka charges at Valvarad, as the transformed alchemist could barely bring up his blade once more.

Valvarad: Damn, maybe I should have let that idiot join in after all.

From the distance the man from before was observing the battle between Valvarad and Tohka, as he played with his golden cube.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Clouds made from the explosions of Valvarad's and Tohka's fight can be seen riding into the air from the trees, as the man observes the battle with great interest.

Man: Hmmmm.... How peculiar? The spirit was able to undergo a Malgam transformation, however I can already tell it's different from the usual one I've seen before with Dragonalos.

A quick flashback shows the man facing off against another Malgam created from Dragonalos, however it was very different from the one Tohka transformed into.

Man: It would seem that the characteristics of a spirit can affect the form a Malgam takes, drawing out more of the Chemy's power than usual Malgams.

The looked onwards to the battle with maniacal delight, as he non–chalantly played with his cube.

(Opening)

(In the Fraxinus)

Kotori: God damn it! Hey Shido, do you copy? Hey Shido, answer me!

Kotori was frustratingly calling out to Shido using her communicator, however there was no response from the boy.

Kotori: Damn it, he's out of commission for now.

Kotori looked onward towards a screen that showed the unconscious Shido lying on the ground unresponsive.

Kotori: Damn it! That alchemist you called in for help was more trouble than help.

Rinne: I'm sorry, I didn't expect Kurogane-senpai to act like that.

Kotori: I can't say I honestly blame you for that, that Valvarad guy's attack was really unexpected.

Soon, the doors to the room they were all in opened, as Minato walks through the doors.