Chapter 4

(Minor swearing at the end)

I got home and my mom looked at me in fear. It was my face, wasn't it? I really needed to figure out how to get it to stop.

"Honey, are you feeling sick?"

I shook my head and went upstairs.

I was dancing in my room when my dad came in. I fell to the ground. He started laughing. When he finally stopped he told me some of my friends were here. If it wasn't just Aiden, it wouldn't be that awkward, right?

"You can send them here." I said.

Aiden and Ben walked into my room. Of course it was them, Ben follows Aiden everywhere. They both had intensely awkward faces.

"Hey, Ash." Said Aiden, waving. Ben waved too.

"Hi, guys."

I took my bun out and let my ridiculously long hair down. Aiden stared at me. He looked like he REALLY wanted to feel it. I sighed.

"You wanna feel it?"

"Can I?!"

"Sure."

I sat on the bed as I let Aiden stroke my fluffy hair for a long time. I noticed Ben smiling at us. I turned away and blushed.

"So what are you guys doing here?" I asked.

Aiden sighed.

"Well I was going to-um. Talk to you about something. But I don't need to anymore."

It was obvious he was going to talk about earlier but Ben was here and it would be far too awkward. Ben grabbed his notebook and wrote something. We both looked at him, Aiden was still stroking my hair. His notebook said, "I can leave if you want."

"Will that be okay with you?" Aiden asked.

He flipped a page and wrote, "I'll be fine."

We said bye to Ben and he left. Bad news is, it got even more awkward when Ben left. Aiden was having so much fun with my hair.

"Ashlyn, I'm sorry." He bursted out. I said nothing.

"I asked you if I could kiss you and you said no. I had no right to do that. If it made you feel uncomfortable then I'm really sorry. We don't have to talk about it ever again."

It made me feel really happy that he was so respectful of me. But I said earlier that the kiss was nice. Didn't that tell him I wasn't mad?

"It's okay, Aiden. I'm not mad. It was just really unexpected. I always thought that if it ever happened, and yes I have thought about it a lot, it wouldn't be so soon. And not in front of everyone."

Aiden smiled at me.

"Thank you for forgiving me. You're always so calm when it comes to this stuff, but you still know when to let your emotions out. It's what I like about you."

Then my cute little self decided to do something really stupid.

I grabbed his hoodie, pulled him close and fucking kissed him.