Chapter 21

(Short chapter)

I just remembered I had invited Aiden to come over later. My mom's confusion dropped into a smile. She grabbed my dad's shoulder and pulled him away, leaving me and Aiden alone. If my parents weren't obviously watching us, Aiden would've probably kissed me on the cheek or something. But he just stood there. He spoke quietly.

"Did you tell them?"

I nodded. He looked happy but he still didn't kiss me. It was probably just awkward.

"You know I can hear you, right?" I said, looking at my parents who were watching us behind a wall.

Me and Aiden went upstairs and I searched through my closet to find Aiden's hoodie. I put it on.

(Aiden POV)

I'm really happy Ash is willingly putting my hoodie on now. I hope she wears it to school. Ash started a conversation.

"So did you tell your parents?" She asked.

"Yeah, I did."

"What did they say?"

"My mom was really happy for me. My dad was, too. What did your parents say?"

"The first thing they said was 'Ashlyn Clark doesn't sound too bad, does it?'"

Ash and I started laughing. I rarely saw her laugh but I think the more time I spent with her, the more she let out her smiles. Does that mean I had an impact on her? I liked seeing this happy side of her, it reminded me of Taylor. Me and Ash heard notifications on our phones and Ash checked.

"It's them, of course," she said, "They want to go to the mall on Saturday."

"Do you want to?" I asked.

"Sure," she said, "You?"

"I'll go." I said, smiling at Ash.

(Ashlyn POV)

Me and Aiden hung out for a bit and talked. We were interrupted by my mom, opening the door with a grin.

"Aiden, your mom called," she said, "You need to go home to do your homework. And you should, too, Ashlyn."

I rolled my eyes.

"Okay. Bye, Ashy!" He said, kissing my cheek. I blushed a bit, knowing my mom was there. She smiled really big.

"Bye, Aiden." I finally replied.