Redemptive Odyssey (pt.1) ~ 00'Liners

Little ~ Hyunjin
Caregiver(s) ~ Jisung, Felix & Seungmin

• TW!!

• Warning: 4.2K+ words

• on the request of emily1454750

===================================

"Isn't this the perfect weather for a picnic in the woods?"

That's how Felix and Seungmin ended up in the heart of the forest, with Jisung guiding them further in the daylight.

However, all three of them soon realised that it wasn't such great weather after all when they stopped by a lifeless body lying on the ground in the middle of the forest.

Jisung was completely spooked.

Felix stood deeply concerned.

And Seungmin was intently curious.

They remained unresponsive until the puppy-like male nudged the body with his foot, causing a movement that revealed its face. The trio felt their breaths hitched as they took in the sight of the motionless yet beautiful face.

The sunshine twins had to bite back their coos because his resting face looked incredibly adorable and peaceful, as though he was a baby, creating a stark contrast with his remaining body, which was ruined like that of a struggler.

All three of them felt a surge of worry that grew with each passing second. The boy's lifeless form, sprawled amid the fallen leaves and tangled underbrush, sparked a wave of anxiety that rippled through the trio. It wasn't merely the unexpectedness of finding someone in such a desolate place like a forest that shook them; it was the boy's condition.

Driven by an instinctive concern, the trio walked closer to the boy. They exchanged uneasy glances, their minds racing with questions and fears. Who was this boy? How had he ended up here, in the middle of nowhere, and in such a critical state?

Felix was surprisingly the first to break free from the initial shock as he crouched down beside the boy. His heart pounded in his chest as he reached out, his hand trembling slightly. He hesitated, his fingers hovering just above the boy's shoulder, as if afraid that touching him might shatter the obvious fragility of the other. But he had to find the answers — was he still alive? Was there still a chance to help him?

The freckled male's breath caught in his throat as he finally made contact, his fingertips grazing the boy's cool skin. To his immense relief, Felix felt the faint, rhythmic rise and fall of his chest, a subtle but undeniable sign that he was still breathing.

The realisation that the boy was alive brought a wave of relief to all three of them. But their relief was short-lived, quickly replaced by a profound sense of dread as they took in the full extent of his injuries. The boy's clothes, which had clearly seen better days, were torn in a horrible way. The fabric hung in ragged strips from his slender frame, exposing patches of bruised and bloodied skin underneath.

Panic-stricken, Jisung moved closer, his eyes wide with concern. He also knelt beside the boy, his hands clenched into fists at his sides as he took in the severity of his condition. The sight of his injuries — dark, angry bruises that marred his pale skin, and the blood that seeped slowly from the side of his body where it pressed against the ground — made his stomach churn. Jisung exchanged a worried glance with the chick-like, his eyes silently asking the question that they both were too afraid to voice: What should they do?