Part 18

I was pulled out of my sleep when I felt a soft touch against my cheeks, lightly stroking. I let out a tired hum. "Anthony" I mumbled. 

"Good morning beautiful" Anthonys voice was thick with sleep and came out as a deep mumble. Gosh it sounded so good, I want to hear that again and again. I looked up at Anthonys face and saw he was looking down at me.

"Morning" I said softly, Anthony then placed a tender kiss on the top of my head.

"Sleep well?" he asked in a low intimate tone.

"It was probably one of the best sleeps I've had since coming here" I confess

"I'm glad to hear that," Anthony replied, a hint of satisfaction in his voice. "I hope I had a hand in making it so." He reached out to brush a stray strand of hair away from your face, his touch affectionate. "I must confess, I slept rather well myself."

"You may have had a little bit to do with it, I suppose" I tease

Anthony chuckled at your sarcastic tone. "Just a little bit, huh?" He feigned offense, but the amusement in his eyes was undeniable. He pulled you closer, wrapping his arms around you. "Come now, I think I deserve a little more credit than that."

"fine" I conceded with an eye roll you "I guess it was because of you"

Anthony's smirk widened into a satisfied grin. "That's more like it," he teased, pulling you even closer until your bodies were pressed against each other. He nuzzled his face into your neck, his lips brushing against your sensitive skin. "I do have my moments, apparently." I giggle softly at the feeling of his breath against my neck.

Anthony's playful teasing faded as he looked into your eyes, his expression growing more serious. The warmth between you seemed to shift into something more profound, and you could feel the weight of his gaze.

"I've been thinking," he began, his voice steady but filled with an earnest intensity. "About...about us." He took a deep breath, as if gathering his thoughts. "I know this might seem sudden, but I can't help but feel that what we share is... significant."

My heart began to race and apprehension swirled inside me. Wait is he going to ask me to be his girlfriend!

"Y/n," Anthony continued, "I want you to know that last night was not just a fleeting moment for me. I want to spend my life with you. Will you marry me?" Um whaaaaaat?? 

The words hung in the air, and for a moment, everything felt still. The sincerity in his eyes was palpable, and you could see how deeply he cared. Yet, despite the tenderness of the moment, something inside you resisted. I don't know this guy that well, I think he's hot and kind but its been only a couple months.

"Anthony," I started, my voice trembling slightly. "I-I can't marry you"

His eyes filled with sadness. "Why not? Is there something wrong?" His voice sounded so hurt. 

"It's not that," I said, trying to find the right words. "I think what your doing is very umm noble? But I don't want you to propose out of a sense of obligation  because of what happened last night."

Before Anthony could respond, there was a sharp knock on the door. We both froze.

"Anthony, are you in there?" Violet's voice called out.