8. Salty kisses and heart break journals

。 ₊°༺❤︎༻°₊ 。

Swear I'm different than before

I won't hurt you anymore

'Cause you were good to me

。 ₊°༺❤︎༻°₊ 。

❤︎ Percy would rather be doing anything but this.

Fight the minotaur again? Done.

Hold up the sky? Ouch, but done.

Knock on Helena's door after their talk the other day. No way. 

Yeah, so he might have been a little afraid of her reaction to him after she had said she would read his pity letters, texts, voicemails, you get the idea. Anyone would rightfully be. 

Frankly, he didn't know if she would kiss him or kill him and he was a little hesitant to find out which one it would be.

His mum had made her signature blue chocolate chip cookies and insisted Percy take some to Helena's apartment since she hadn't given her some in a while. 

So here he was.

Holding a lunch box with warm cookies, standing outside Helena's door.

He clears his throat, gathers his courage, and knocks. Two raps, a pause, then another knock again.

He holds his breath as the door opens. 

"What are you doing here?" Helena asks. 

She stares at him, waiting for him to answer but all he can do is gawk. She had always been pretty but she somehow seemed prettier than normal. 

Maybe it was the fact that he didn't see her daily anymore; maybe it was because she never stood in one place long enough for him to admire her these days; all that mattered was that he was so distracted taking her in that he didn't hear her talking to him.

"Uh, Percy? Are you okay?"

"Uh, um," Percy clears his throat awkwardly. "Fine. Cookies."

"What?"

"I, uh, mum made cookies," Percy said. "I came to give you cookies."

She nods, looking at the lunchbox he held up, and takes it from his hands. 

"I'll just give you the box back," Helena mutters. "You can wait inside, if you want."

Percy quickly nods, grabbing her hand and pulling her back inside her apartment. He lets go once they reach the front of the kitchen. 

"Sorry," Percy said. "I didn't want you to rethink your words or take them back."

She nods slowly. "Right. Give me a few minutes."

She walks around the counter and disappears from view, looking from one of her own container's to put the cookies in. She stands back up after she finds one.

"Do you want to eat lunch? I was just about to finish cooking some pasta." 

Percy had looked at her with a smile. She gulped, looking away before she could melt under the light of it. 

"Please." 

Helena smiles. "Sit. It'll be done soon."

Percy watches her move around the kitchen as he sits down at the dining table. Helena had just drained the pasta and was adding the finishing touches to the sauce when she realised he was silent.