Battle for life and death (One Direction fanfiction)

I walk out of my house and into the garden. I sniff the air and can smell flowers. It's s perfect day! A smile appears on my lips as I walk around between the flowerbeds. These flowers belong to me and my friends only. I have the best life that a university student could have.

   There comes a lightning out of nowhere. What the actual fu-?! I cover my eyes, afraid to become blind. "Katherina Jepsen! Stand up!"

   Who is that bastard? I remove my hands from my face and look up to see a middle-aged man who was dressed like a video game character from a fantasy fighting game. Is he going to a carnival?

   "I SAID stand up!" he threatens me.

   "What if I don't?" A guy can't just brage in here and boss me around?! Who does he think he is?! He leans over me and grabs my throat. I can't breathe! He raises me above the ground looking me dead in the eyes.

   "When I tell you to do something you will obey!" he commands with a loud clear voice.

   I start shaking. Will he choke me dead?

   "Do you understand?" he still uses that clear strong voice. I nod lightly because that's all I can do. He lets go of my neck and I fall on the ground, gasping for air.

   "Get ready for transportation." Is he mad?! I feel a tingle I my stomach and suddenly I hit a hard cold floor with my knees and hands first.

   I now feel like throwing up and that's what I do. I empty my stomach right there. I roll on my right side and look at the sky. We are still somewhere out. I put my weight on my hands, pushing myself up and look around. Where am I? I see the same man standing on a stage like place, we are in an stadium and the stage is right in the middle. I look around and notice a girl, that had the same theme clothes on as that man, standing on the east side of the stadium line. Who is she? I let my eyes wonder around some more and then I notice people that I couldn't even in a million years imagine standing near me in a place like this. People standing on the west side were the One Direction boys, all of them, Liam, Louis, Niall, Zayn and Harry.

   What is going on?

   There are more people, 4 girls and one guy that I don't know, standing next to my favourite singers.

   I look back at that girl who looked around my age. A group of same dressed young people were now forming a half circle around her. What the fuck is going on?

   "Stand!" I once again hear the man's loud clear voice. I shakily stand up, weak from throwing up but too scared to disobey because I am sure he would kill me with a blink of an eye. I feel a couple pairs of eyes on me.

   "Go stand with the other Earth people." So this means we are not on Earth anymore? How can I breathe? I jog to One Direction, the girls and the guy, too afraid to walk slowly. That man brings the chills out of me.

   I stand next to Liam who was the nearest to the south side, where I was standing. I look up at the man I am starting to hate. He commands me around like a darn circus animal!

   "Welcome to the first games of "Battle for life and death!"" He announces with an even louder voice and his sound echoes back from the stadium walls. Cocky... I glare at him, hoping that the fact you can kill a person with one look would come true.

   "Thanks for joining us for the extraordinary day when the battles first start! You will be all remembered for decades" Really? "or just forgotten by the end of the first battle you have." I hate you weirdly dressed man.

   "The rules are simple!" Wait! There are rules?! HOW CAN YOU MAKE RULES FOR A FUCKING GAME WHERE MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IF I WIN OR LOSE! EVEN IN HUNGER GAMES THERE WERE NO RULES!

   "You fight your opponent, you can't shoot them with a gun," he laughs and so do the people on the east side who are from this universe. What is funny about using a gun?

   "You can NOT leave the stadium when the battle isn't over! And the battle is over when somebody gets unconscious, surrenders OR" I can see, even from here, how he smirks "when one of you dies." Oh my god... My knees go weak and hands start shaking. I don't want to die. Please not like this! I am not a fighter! I'm a runner! I run away from my problems and never pick a fight. Well not till now but now I just might with that stupid man who abducted me!

   "You battle till there is only one team soldiers left! When Dark World soldiers win you humans" he points to my group "the ones who surrendered or heal from their injuries have to serve the one who beated you till you die and Earth will be blown up!" What?! HE CANT DO THAT! "That's not fair!" the boy who's name I do not know spoke up. Brave one.

   "Silence!" The man yelled so loudly that his voice reached my bones. Note to myself: don't ever speak up to the bad man.

   There is a long silence.

   "What happens when we win?" Louis asked with a clear loud voice so the man would hear. I had already forgotten the 1D boys are here, standing next to me.

   The Man chuckles "When the Earth people win, which is impossible. Then" he sighs " you will be freed to go and live on Earth. And you will not be chosen for the next "Battle for life and death" games." Wait but why don't we get a reward?

   "Why don't we get a reward?" Louis asks. You read my mind Tomlinson.

   The Man looks surprised. "What would you possibly want?" The Man is right, what would we need from a group of weirdly dressed people that only know things about fighting.

   There comes no answer from my group. The Man looks away from us. "When we win!" for everyone's surprise, for mine the most, I open my mouth and words escape from between my lips "We have to get three wishes and you must make them come true! Every single one of us gets 3 wishes!" Why three? Like in a fairy-tale? Come on Katherina, you aren't a kid anymore. You just embarrassed yourself.

   "Deal!" for my biggest surprise He agrees to my terms.

   "Now its time!" He starts talking again after a short silence.