"Train till you bleed" (Chapter 5)

Cara commands us to get up our seats and follow her. We do as she says and she leads us to the dark corridor where she last night went. It's creepy how there are only dark corridors. Why cant they but some candles in here?

   I was just peacefully walking when I pumped into someone.

   "Watch where you going human." Looks like I pumped into Cara. She said human like it's some kind of illness that everybody hates, like cancer. What's her problem? What's she then? An animal?

   I didn't move so I feel somebody from my back pull me away from Cara. You got lucky this time, I glare at the girl.

   "Dont look for trouble here, Kat, it can be dangerous," I hear the person who pulled me away whisper into my ear. It's Liam. I guess Liam has become my guardian angel or big brother who looks after me so I won't get in deep trouble. I nod, hoping that only he can see.

   I hear how Cara is infront of us, opening another heavy door. She pushes the door open and as soon as my eyes adjust to the lightness I see that there is a big stadium runway, sand in the middle and some dummies placed all over the huge room. There are also some long sticks you could poke somebody while standing two meters away from them. There are some ropes hanging from the ceiling, and some smaller from half to three meter walls at places. Are they for climbing?
   What can I say? A perfect place to practice surviving in the wild.

   "Get training." Cara says and walks over to the three meter wall, jumps, and if my eyes are not  lyng, runs up the wall and then sits down. I grit my teeth. Show-off!

   Okay! Calm down. How should we start? I look over at Liam and Niall who I feel like are my new friends. Shit! I forgot the note to myself 'Dont get too close to the people'. Well late to change anything.

   Liam looks at the run course "Lets warm up first." I start jogging with them, Marcus joining us. "You guys are just so slow," He quickly leaves us, adding speed. Show-off, you are a runner. What are you going to do when you have to fight? Run around till the opponent falls to the ground from chasing after you?

   Wait, what am I going to do? I can't even run for long. I need to be creative.

   I start falling behind Niall and Liam. I guess they are used to jumping around on the stage and running away from fans. But wait Kat, you're a dancer! You're a freaking dancer and your legs are strong too. I tell myself that I fell behind because I was in deep thoughts and I add speed to catch up with the boys. 

   We don't talk while jogging. It's good because I would be out of breath if we did. We run one circle and then we stretch while deciding what we should do next.

   "Hey guys, bye guys!" Marcus runs past us.

   I decide to go with the dummies that stand like boxing bags while Liam and Niall go for the dummies that look plain heavy. I stand infront of the dummy, trying to think what should I do with it.

   Be creative. I say the words over and over again in my mind. What are my strenghts. Dancing. Ballet... Thats it! I close my eyes and concentrate, trying to form some music in my head.

   Christina Perri's "Jar of Hearts" starts playing in my head. I breathe and raise on my toes. I start spinning around. Kicking my right leg  towards the dummy everytime I face it with my body. It's like piruets but with leg kicks. I change my leg so I'm twirling on my right leg and kicking with my left. I suddenly stop the piruets. Facing profile to the dummy. I raise my right leg and start kicking the dummy, fast. Kind of like petit battement but not with pointy toes and I keep my leg up all the time. I'm used to doing this for like 5 mintues straight cuz at first I sucked at ballet and my dear head mistress forced me to do every movement 5 minutes straight, without stop. I would thank her the next time I see her.