Chapter 1: Don't Make Me Late!

Week 1 Monday
Cindy's POV
Why isn't he awake?! He's going to make me late! Not my fault he stayed at Gypsy's till 11pm last night! "Bailey! Get up! I don't want detention on the first day of school." He yawned. "Neither do I." Then he laid his head back to sleep. "Miss Nina will give me detention if I'm late to homeroom! You know that! Stop being so selfish!" I'm never like this, but today I need to be like this. "Chill out Cindy!" Coco said to me. Easy for her to say! Miss Abby won't give her detention after school for being late to homeroom. Blueberry started ringing me. "Yes?" "Girl where are you? It's 8:20! Miss Nina's going to freak if you're not at homeroom at 8:25!" She's right! Exactly why I need to get there now. "Yeah I know, just some CATS can't be bothered to get up." "Sounds like a nightmare, oh well good luck with that!" Then Blueberry hung up. Maybe I can get a ride from one of my friends? 8:21 and Bailey's finally up and ready. We race down the the car and jump in. We then arrive at 8:26. Gosh, detention for me. I sprint to homeroom I don't even put my bag away in my locker. I enter. "1 minute detention after school for you Cindy and why's your bag here?" if I tell her why my bag's here, she'll give me an extra minute of detention for the fun of it. I don't say anything and sit in my seat with Artemis and Blueberry.

Coco's POV
Bailey's lazy and Cindy knows that. I couldn't honestly care less though, Miss Abby's okay. Doesn't mean I like her with all my heart. She tries to be a 'cool' teacher but she's really not. "Psst you're late!" Akira teases. I have a feeling Akira's hiding a secret. On the last week of school last term she was acting very strange and whenever the word 'Friday' was mentioned she'd go really weird. As far as I know, she hasn't told anyone about this 'secret' she may have. I haven't asked about it but I want to know what it is. I could possibly be overreacting but I don't think so. My new presentation partner for this term is Izzy. The theme this time is companies. We have to do a presentation on a famous company, store or business. Izzy and I have decided to do Chanel. Because I was named after Coco Chanel for my black and white fur. Katerina and Paisley are working together and Akira's working with Atlas I think. We aren't allowed to be partners with someone we already have been. Another cool thing this term is that apparently there's going to be a camp! With all four schools! DSP, Little Red, St.Creeks and a new school, KPS. The new school is Karmal's Pet School. Cindy knows a cat called Charlie going there and a dog called Teddy going there and everyone know's Daniel's going there. I'm excited for camp! I hope my cabin looks like this: me, Akira, izzy, Katerina, paisley, Bree, Alaine and Daisy. All my best friends at DSP, Bree who's my neighbor and whom I've been best friends with for 7 YEARS! and her best friends at Little Red of course! Alaine and Daisy are really nice, I even know Daisy pretty well, she use to go to DSP and everyone loved her like Paisley. Her friends were Esmerelda, Millie and Nancy. Nancy was heartbroken when when she found out Daisy was moving schools. I'm so excited for this term.

Layla's POV
A school? Where my cousin goes? Maybe it's not so bad Aina's here too. I walk to the door and there she is. 2 pretty cats with her and an ugly hairless cat. "Laylaaaaaa!" Aina squeezed me so hard. "This is my friends, Amber, Delilah and Glitter." What sort of name is Glitter? Must be the ugly hairless cat. Aina dragged me along with her. "Guys, my cousin Layla will be hanging out with us." Aina announced to her friends. "Does she have what it takes to walk alongside us?" I think the cat named Amber said. What does she mean by do I have what it takes. "Where's her frank green?" The cat called Delilah also asked. What's a frank green? "She's mean enough! Trust me." Aina tried to reassure them. Mean? I don't want to be mean. "I'll go with her to her locker." Aina led me to my locker. It even had my name on it. "Alright Layla, I'm being nice and letting you hang out with my friends and I but you got to act cool and mean. And get a frank green." Cool and mean? I don't want to be mean. What's a frank green?! Her friends caught up with us. "You see that dog?" She pointed at a black Labrador. "That's my old best friend, she hates me, I love picking on her. Her name's Nova." Nova looks nice. "Go say something to her." Say what to her? Her friends joined her, an orangey brown cavoodle and a basset hound. "Say something mean. Aha her water bottle! Say her water bottle is infested with mould and flex our frank greens and tell her sisters are better than her." I don't want to do this but if this is how we get around in this school I guess I have to do it. I walked up to her. "Hey Nova, look at your water bottle, it's probably infested with mould. At least my frank green doesn't, no wonder you're sisters are better than you." I said in my mean voice. "Cool, we don't care." The cavoodle said. Aina walked up to me. "Hey girlies, this is my cousin Layla, don't even try to stand up to her." They rolled their eyes and ignored her. Aina and her friends walked off, expecting me to walk off with them. "I'm sorry, I was forced to do that, I didn't mean what I said." "Just go away, you chose to be one of them." Nova said to me, so I did go away.