What a Catch

Claire's point of view

Patrick told me to wait to the side of the stage for a few songs until they started to play Just One Yesterday. That's when he called me out, making my heart almost explode through my chest. I'm sure that feeling will never go away, even if the cheer of the crowd made me feel a bit welcome.

I sang my heart out in that moment, every now and then I would come up next to Patrick and lean on him and kiss his cheek. The crowd would go crazy over that. Soon enough, the song ends.

"Guys, give a big hand to Claire! We're so glad she's back and better!" Pete shouts in the mic.

I'm sure Patrick will scold him for bringing "getting better" up to the fans, but I honestly don't care. It was great to be back, the only problem was my constant fear of Jason. He hasn't showed himself since he tried kidnapping me after a concert.

I try to shake the feeling away but it just kept on clinging to the back of my mind. Maybe something was going to happen. Is tonight the night?

I scan the crowd out of paranoia but only see ecstatic fans, screaming and laughing.

I look over at Patrick who was giving me a concerned look. I just pull a fake smile, trying to make him feel better though I'm not sure it worked.

We play few a few more songs, making me slowly drain the thoughts of Jason. Not completely, but just enough to have a blast with the guys.

Suddenly Patrick walks over to a grand piano that has been stationed at the corner of the stage. I knew immediately what song this was leading to, and this song always makes me cry.

He settled down in the seat and positions the mic before calling me over. I hesitate before walking over, sitting on the top of the piano. He gives me a wide grin and I give one back.

He then turns his attention to the fans. "So I guess you guys already know what this song is, so feel free to sing along."

With that, he plays the first note.

I've got troubled thoughts and the self-esteem to match,
What a catch, what a catch

You'll never catch us
So just let me be
Said I'll be fine
Till the hospital or American embassy
Miss Flack said I still want you back
Yeah, Miss Flack said I still want you back

Just as Patrick comes back in with the next verse, I join in, staring into his eyes while doing so.

I got troubled thoughts
And the self-esteem to match
What a catch, what a catch
And all I can think of
Is the way I'm the one
Who charmed the one
Who gave up on you
Who gave up on you

As I sang along with him, still holding eye contact, I tried my best to hold back any emotions I was carrying. I could see in his eyes that he was sorry about how this song may remind me of everything. It does, but I loved singing with him. And I couldn't have chosen a better song.

I put the mic down, letting him take the next verse as I compose my tears, pushing them back and focusing on Patrick's beautiful voice.

They say the captain
Goes down with the ship
So, when the world ends
Will God go down with it?
Miss Flack said I still want you back
Yeah, Miss Flack said I still want you back

I join in again, pouring my heart into the lyrics that spoke so well to me.

I got troubled thoughts
And the self-esteem to match
What a catch, what a catch
And all I can think of
Is the way I'm the one
Who charmed the one
Who gave up on you
Who gave up on you

What a catch
What a catch
What a catch
What a catch

Suddenly I see Patrick back away from the mic as I keep going, singing all by myself. I close my eyes, pretending it was just me and Patrick. I pictured him holding me and stroking my hair, humming along with me as I sing.

I will never end up like him
Behind my back, I already am
Keep a calendar
This way you will always know

Patrick comes back in, singing with me.

I got troubled thoughts
And the self-esteem to match
What a catch, what a catch
And all I can think of
Is the way I'm the one
Who charmed the one
Who gave up on you
Who gave up on you

As he keeps singing, I go along with singing lyrics from their other songs, making the perfect harmony of our voices together.

Where is your boy tonight?
I hope he is a gentleman
Maybe he won't find out what I know
You were the last good thing

We're going down, down in an earlier round
And sugar, we're goin' down swinging

Dance, dance, we're falling apart to halftime
Dance, dance, and these are the lives you'd love to lead
Dance, this is the way they'd love
If they knew how misery loved me

This ain't a scene, it's a goddamn arms race

One night and one more time
Thanks for the memories
Even though they weren't so great
He tastes like you, only sweeter

Growing up, growing up

I then remove the mic from my lips and watch as Patrick sang the last bit of the song with his eyes on mine.

I've got troubled thoughts
and the self-esteem to match
What a catch, what a catch

I felt a tear escape my eye and I quickly wipe it away in hopes he didn't see it. He then frowns, indicated he noticed it as he quickly hops from the bench. He smiles at me but I could still see the pain in his eyes when he saw the pain in mine. He walks up to me and engulfs me in a hug, digging his head in my neck.

"You did so good, I'm so proud. You're amazing, okay?" He whispers to me.

I nod in the crook of his neck and we pull back, smiling before we turn our attention back to the crowd that was going nuts.

"Well, that's was great and all, but why don't we turn it up some, huh?" Pete says in the mic, causing screams to erupt.

We then all changed tuning and continued on through our perfect performance.

This is just kind of a filler but I hope it was good XD