Alone Together

I laid on the couch for a good hour just staring at the ceiling. I thought about Patrick, I thought about Elisa and how i ruined it but ... to be completely honest I was glad. Which made me feel even worse. I also thought about Jason. He got away and he's going to come back, I just know it.

"You shouldn't think so much," Patrick smirks, pulling my legs up so he could sit down and put my legs on his.

I chuckle. "There's been a lot to think about."

"yeah, I know..."

"I really am sorry.." I say finally.

"About what?"

"Elisa."

He sighs and looks over at me with a straight face. "Don't worry about her. To be honest, things weren't really well between us anyway. It didn't really feel right."

I look away from him and look down at the floor. "I just feel bad, you know?"

"Don't. There's no reason to. Like I said, I kissed you last night, not the other way around."

I nod but I wasn't really sure I understood.

"Just so you know, Jason won't hurt you again." Patrick says suddenly. "This time, I for sure won't let it happen."

He wasn't looking at me, just staring in the space in front of him.

"Thank you," I almost whisper.

There was a silence and I heard my phone buzz. I get off the couch to go to the counter and check it. It was Liz.

Hey, you're probably awake now so I just want to say I'm really sorry and I love you so much and when I get back I'm going to hug you so tight. But right now, Pete wanted me to tell you two that we are kinda stuck at a bowling alley... Joe got challenged and he couldn't refuse so now we're stuck here until the game is done.

I laugh out loud when I read it. Patrick gets up and walks up behind me, placing his hands on my hips and his head on the crook of my neck.

"What's so funny?" He says softly in my ear.

"The others are stuck at a bowling alley... Joe got "challenged" so they won't be back for a while," I chuckle.

"What? I thought they were just going for coffee," He laughs. His breath against my neck sent chills and I hoped there wasn't goose bumps showing so he wouldn't see it. I don't want him thinking I'm that easy.

"Anyway," He says, releasing me so I could turn and face him, "Now we have a while to ourselves. What ever shall we do?" he says, smiling brightly.

I raise an eyebrow and smirk. We hold our position for a second until we burst out laughing. once we calmed down I ask, "Is there not like a movie we could watch?"

"I have Netflix."

"Perfect."

He grabs his laptop and lays down on the couch, sprawling so he takes up the whole thing.

"Hey, where am I gonna sit?" I giggle.

He smiles and eventually scoots till there was enough space for me to lay down next to him. I place my head on his chest and he wraps his left arm around my waist. It was a pretty small couch, but I wasn't complaining.

We eventually got settled on a movie and after about the 30 minute mark, I was out.

*Later*

"Claire," I hear a whisper in my ear. "Claire."

I mumble and shuffle a little until I realize I was still cuddled up against Patrick. I sit up and look down at him with squinted eyes.

"The movie's done," He smiles.

I laugh and lay back down, sighing. "Dang I was out fast."

"yeah... I noticed after you stopped answering my questions," He chuckles, making his chest bounce which led to my head bouncing too.

"I have a feeling they should be back by now," I say.

"I don't know, maybe."

I get up and check my phone for any messages. There was another from Liz about 15 minutes ago.

Oh my god Claire when will this end! Literally these guys won't give up.

I text back

Good luck with that :* I just finished watching a movie with Patrick

I placed my phone back down on the counter and turned around, only to see Patrick standing right behind me.

"Just finished watching a movie with me huh?"

I giggle, "Mhm."

He smiles and it makes my stomach flip. What is he doing to me?

I suddenly realize how close he was standing and how long we've been silent, staring at each other.

He takes a step forward and I take one back until I felt my back against the counter. He puts his hands on my cheeks, bringing me into a kiss. He passionately kisses me for a second before breaking it and picking me up, sitting me back down on the counter. I look down at his stupid little adorable smile. I run my fingers through his hair, only after knocking his fedora off, before leaning down to kiss him again... and again. He runs his fingers up my thighs and I felt a moan accidentaly escape my mouth. I blush and he chuckles. Bastard thinks he's got me wrapped around his finger. Which he does, but I don't want him thinking that.

I stop kissing him and just bite his lip, staring him dead in the eye for a second. I could sense his confusion and I decide to keep going. I let go of his lip and slowly run my fingers down his chest and eventually push him hard enough for me to have space to jump down. I smile internally when I see more confusion spread across his face. I stare at him while walking around him toward the door. He turns with me but doesn't move until I grab the collar of his shirt, bringing him real close to my face without actaully kissing him. I drag him over to the door. Right as I approach it, I pull him around and push him against it roughly, but not too roughly. I press myself against him and kiss along his jaw while he rubs his fingers along my waist.

Our breathing got heavy and I kind of knew where this was going. I probably shouldn't have played with him like that because now it's getting serious.

I eventually make it to his lips but stop and look up into his eyes. We were both pretty breathless and shaken. He gulps and smiles. I don't smile back and take a step back.

"What's wrong?" He whispers.

"I just... I'm sorry, I feel like I'm going a little fast aren't I?"

"Oh.. Uh I mean, I don't mind... Just... If you're not ready for that, then wait. I want you to be comfortable."

I smile at him and quickly kiss him before walking slowly back to the fridge to grab a water.