You Wrote This?

no one has ever noticed me before

I jerk my head away when I realized I was staring at him for too long. My face heated up again.

"That's .. nice of you.." I finally speak.

I see him smile out of the corner of my eye. There was an awkward silence and I swear I could hear both of our heart beats.

"So what's your story?" Patrick says suddenly, making the hearbeat sounds die away.

"Uh.... what do you mean?"

"I don't know, I'm just trying to start a conversation I guess," he chuckles. I giggle and sigh, leaning my head back against the bus.

"Well to sum it all up, I'm a nobody that can get attention worth a shit and has only one friend that decided to drag her to a Fall Out Boy concert only to lose her phone and end up talking to the lead singer outside of the bus in the dark," I smile.

He laughs and says, "I'm being serious.."

I sigh, trying to show a little aggitation (note: it doesn't work).

"You don't want to know me..." I say, finally.

"Yeah... i do.." I look over in his eyes and I can tell how serious he was being but before I could say anything, Pete barges out the door.

"There you guys are! what the hell are you doing out in the cold?"

"Nothing, I- we were just about to come in," I say as I get up. Out of the corner of my eye I see Patrick frowning. Not sure why though, it's not that big of a loss not getting to know me.

We walk back into the bus and I see Liz gulping down what looked like beer. I rush over and jerk it from her hands. "What are you doing?" I ask, a little too loud.

"Relax Claire, we don't drink, it's just soda pop," Joe says, slowly taking the drink from my hand to give it back to Liz. She gives me a look so I roll my eyes and walk over to the chair again. I watch as Patrick finally walks in with a angry look on his face with Pete following behind him with the same look. I have a feeling they were fighting. But about what?

Patrick's point of view

Claire walks back into the bus, leaving me outside with Pete who had a bad look on his face.

"What were you two doing?" He asks.

"Talking, what does it matter to you?" I say with a rude tone.

"It matters that you have a girlfriend, Elisa. I'm just looking out for you bro, I don't want you getting into anything that will hurt you."

"Pete shut up, what makes you think you can just control what I do like this?" I yell. Not sure why I was yelling, he's right, I have Elisa.

"What? I'm just trying to make sure you don't make decisions you'll regret, Patrick," He starts raising his voice.

"We were just talking! I don't see what the problem is."

"I don't know Patrick. Just watch yourself."

I sigh and shove past him, walking into the bus.

Claire point of view

I don't know what Pete said to Patrick but it caused him to not talk to me or even make eye contact with me the rest of the night. It kinda worried me. I thought I had someone notice me for once. I guess I had my hopes up too high.

*The next morning*

I wake up suddenly from the feeling of falling off a cliff or something. I jump and try to catch my breath. I sit up and look around, seeing everyone was asleep somewhere in the room except Patrick. I didn't see him anywhere. Deciding to let it slide (because why should I care?), I sit up on the chair I fell asleep on and look at my phone. 9:32 am. I yawn and stretch, spotting out Liz laying on the couch. Pete was on the floor with Joe. Andy was on the floor next to my chair. They were all knocked out cold from last night. Honestly, most of it was a blur.

Suddenly a door opens from across the bus and Patrick steps out.

"Oh you're awake," he says softly, probably trying not to wake up the rest.

"Oh and you're talking to me," I snap.

"What?"

"Nothing," i mumble.

He sighs and walks over to the fridge, grabbing a water bottle then walking back into the other room.

I was left alone again and I soon got bored. I got up and walked over to the door Patrick walked in 5 minutes before. I slowly open the door and peek in. He was facing away from the door, sitting on a bed with earbuds in. I start to walk toward him and I look over his shoulder to see him on his laptop messing around on some music site. I purposly cough, making him jump.

"Holy smokes you scared me," He says breathlessly, after yanking his earbuds out.

I laugh and sit down next to him, far enough so we weren't touching. I sigh and say "Sorry for snapping a few minutes ago."

"No, I'm sorry for ignoring you last night..."

"It's okay, you wouldn't be the first."

There was a silence and I wish I didn't say that.

stupid stupid you don't say that to someone, that only brings pity and that's the last thing you want

"Here let me show you something," Patrick finally says. He shuffles his laptop to face me and he brings his earbud up to me to put in my ear. Once I had the earbud in, Patrick clicked the 'play' button on the screen.

Patrick's voice filled my ears.

It was the fourth of july

you and I were, you and I were fire, fire, fireworks

that went off too soon

and i miss you in the June gloom, too

it was the fourth of July

you and i were, you and i were fire, fire, fireworks

I said I'd never miss you but I guess you'll never know

may the bridges I have burned light my way back home

on the fourth of July

I listened closely to the lyrics, making sure I understood every word, and not miss a single syllable.

When it was over, I was at a loss for words. Not only was the singing amazing, but the lyrics of the song.. damn.

"You wrote this?" I ask, handing him back the earbud.

"yeah.." He said, closing his laptop. "Like it?"

"Like it? More like love it," I laugh.

He smiles, "thanks."

Suddenly the door opens behind us, Joe looks in. "oh there you two are," he yawns. "We're about to go grab some coffee from the cafe down the street."

"Okay," Patrick and I say in unison.

Joe laughs and walk out of the room, and I follow.

Right as i stepped out of the door, I was grabbed my Liz who whispered sternly in my ear, "You and I need to chat."

Ayee there's chapter two!

okay so I think I need to clear things up....

1) everyone but Patrick is single who is dating Elisa

2) Patrick and Joe are 23, Pete is 28 and Andy is 27

3) Liz and Claire are both 21

4) Fall Out Boy is on tour for Save Rock And Roll (i know they're the younger versions but pretend it's after the hiatus and they're younger k? k.)

Well there ya go

Questions? comment:)