Join the Band?

Claire's point of view

I was out of breath and energy but I was still upset that the concert ended. I had so much fun despite the constant nagging of something bad happening in the back of my mind.

We all walk off the stage after saying our goodbye's to the crowd and eventually make it to the bus.

"You did so amazing, Claire!" Joe exclaims as we all take our seats.

"Thanks," I smile to myself. I then feel an arm snake around my waist. When I realize it was Patrick, I lean over and sink into his side.

"Like, you need to sing at every single concert we do, maybe even become part of the band! That would be so awesome!" Pete shouts. Everyone had smiles growing on their faces except me.

"What's wrong?" Pete asks, looking toward me. "Is it not a good idea?"

In all honestly, it wasn't such a good idea. I mean, I would love to join but isn't it kind of weird? Shut up, Claire, people join bands all the time like this. It's not big deal. But it is a big deal that you're broken and may mess up things again. No, not again, just try. Do it for Patrick and everyone else.

"Oh, no it's a great idea, sorry I just blanked out for a second. Yeah, I think that would be awesome!" I say, partly lying.

"Then it's settled?" Andy asks.

"I think it is," Patrick says. "Welcome to Fall Out Boy, Claire!"

My heart swells and becomes heavy at the same time. But a smile blooms on my face, nonetheless.

"This is so awesome! I get to follow you guys around right?" Liz says.

"Of course!" Pete says excitedly.

"Now the name Fall Out Boy is kind of weird now isn't it?" I say giggling.

"Eh, who cares. If they hate on it, then they aren't true fans," Patrick says, leaning over to kiss the top of my head. "You know, opinions are okay until they're expressed rudely."

I smile and bury my face in his chest. "This is so awesome," I say. "I never would have thought we would meet like this. All of this happened because I lost my phone."

Patrick laughs, making my head move up and down with his chest.

"What's even on your phone that was so important?" Joe asks.

"Oh um." I pause. I didn't actually think I would be answering this question, ever actually. But I guess since I'm in the band now, there's no turning back. I will have to say it eventually so why not now? "I have pictures and uh... old texts. All from my parents. Before they died." It wasn't too hard to get out, I mean it was almost 10 years ago. It still hurt nonetheless.

"Oh, Claire I'm so sorry. I wish we knew sooner," Andy says.

"It's okay. It was 10 years ago. Car crash. Cliché right?" I chuckle nervously. "Well, I never thought I would be saying this to anyone. It honestly isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. But now you know, so."

"Well, I'm glad you went to get your phone," Patrick says, trying to cheer up the mood. You smile and sigh.

"Why don't we all go to bed huh? it's been a long night. We only have two more shows, better sleep up for it," Pete says. We all agree and head to our bunks.

I end up going to Patrick's instead of mine and we both cuddle as close as possible. My head rested against his chest, under his chin. I breathe in his scent and let out a slow sigh.

"Are you okay?"

I flinch a little at that question. I don't even know the answer to it anymore.

"I don't know," I answer truthfully.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I honestly didn't, but I thought maybe I should. It would be good for the both of us.

"Well, my parents... it's like, it isn't that big a deal it was so long ago. I don't even think about it anymore, I hardly even remember them. but I still keep the pictures and texts. Those are my only memories of them. I miss them, but in all honesty, there's nothing much to miss."

"I understand. But you know, even after all that, some goodness came out of it. I know it's not much, but you have me and the guys and Liz. I think that's great. I'm really sorry about your parents, I know that's a terrible thing to lose."

"I know. I'm just so glad I met you guys." I sigh again. "There's also something else."

"What is it?" I could feel the concern in his voice.

"Jason. I have this feeling he's going to come back."

I feel his chest release air and let me sink in with it. "It's okay, Claire. We won't let him hurt you. Just remember that we're always here. Just try not to leave my side and it'll be okay."

"Okay," I say quietly.

"Promise you'll stay safe? Promise you won't think of anything too horrible and do things to yourself again?"

I stay silent for a second, thinking, but it was too long of a time for him. He pushes me away from him by my shoulders, making me look him in the eyes.

"Promise me."

"I promise," I say quietly.

I suddenly remember last time I promised him not to cut. I broke that promise and never told him. I can't tell him, not now. Not when we're starting to fall together again like before.

"Please don't break that promise. I love you and I hate seeing you hurt like that. It was so painful seeing that." I feel his hand stroke my hair and I close my eyes at the touch.

"I won't break it," I say.

"Good," he whispers.

I open my eyes, looking in to his longing ones. I smile as he grins at me.

"What?" I giggle.

"You're just so beautiful."

I look away from him and blush. "No, stop it."

"I won't, because it's true."

I smile uncontrollably and look back up at him. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I lean forward and smile into a slow, short kiss. We pull back and our smiles slowly fade. He cups my cheeks and pulls me in again, a little rougher. I melt into his touch, sighing into it. He lets out a soft moan into my mouth and I open mine a little, welcoming his tongue across mine. I move my body closer to his, hips touching. I turn my head a little, deepening the kiss for a second before pulling back and bringing his bottom lip in between my teeth while I stared longing in his eyes.

I let his lip go and he smiles, making me smile back.

"I'm too tired to make out," I mumble.

"Spoon with me then?" he asks innocently.

I giggle, "You're so cute."

I turn myself over and press myself to him, letting his arm drape over my waist. I tangle my legs in his and eventually settle myself. Right as I was about to fall asleep, I hear Patrick against my ear.

"Goodnight my perfect princess."

Aye she's now in the band!

I know it was sort of random but eh. And just pretend that they like talk to management and all that to get the thumbs up but it's their band, they can do it.