The Concert

claire's point of view

It was the next day and I slowly rise out of the bed. When I walk out the door, I see everyone was awake and dressed.

"Why are all you guys up and dressed?" I ask lazily.

"Claire, it's one in the afternoon," Liz laughs.

"Oh... I'll be right back."

I turn back around and walk back in my bunk. I pull out some clothes, basically a tshirt that said "normal is boring" some light colored jeans, and fuzzy socks. After I put all that on I look down at my arms and notice cut marks. I forgot. I can't wear short sleeves.

I take off the shirt and put on a long sleeve tshirt that had a giant flower covering the front. Once I got that on I walked over to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and pulled up my hair in a messy bun.

I walk back out to the living area and sit on the couch next to Patrick.

"So what do you guys want to do today?" Joe asks.

"What, you mean other than the concert?" Andy laughs.

My heart drops. The concert. Jason, oh god. I almost lose my cool but caught myself so Patrick didn't notice.

"Yeah, I'm sure we can fit something in," Joe adds.

"Like what?" Pete says.

"Like something small... Maybe just coffee?" Joe says.

Everyone just nods there head in slight agreement. Then we all get up and head out toward the nearest coffee shop. It wasn't that easy because fans were already waiting for the show tonight and many of them wanted pictures and autographs but we didn't get into it too deep.

Once we walk in the shop, we order and go into the corner like the last time.

"Do you guys ever get nervous before a concert?" Liz asks.

"Nah not really anymore," Joe says, "The thing that got me before concerts a while back was if we weren't liked and we got a ton of bad stuff thrown at us."

"Yeah it's good now since we have all kinds of nice fans," Pete adds.

"Funny how we used to be fans..." Liz laughs.

"Used to?" Andy asks.

"Yeah, now we're your friends," she smiles. Everyone laughs.

"True that," Pete says, raising his coffee cup. We all raise ours together and say "cheers", then taking a sip of our drinks. I noticed my sleeve was rolled up and some of my cuts were visible. I flentch to pull it back over, hoping no one saw it. Especialy Liz or Patrick, either one of them would make a scene. Luckily it wasn't mentioned so I was in the clear.

We basically just sat around for an hour or so until it was time to head back to the bus. We all changed into our "concert" clothing which to be honest isn't a thing, we just changed into something appropriate and comfortable.

Once we were done, we walked backstage into the Fall Out Boy dressing room. Patrick started his singing warm ups, Andy played around on his practice pad while Joe and Pete just messed around. Liz and I sat in the love seat in the corner on our phones.

I was trying to act cool even though I knew Jason was going to be here tonight and I know he's going to get me. I can't even tell anyone. I'm not sure I can do this.

I jump when Patrick puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Woah are you alright?" He asks removing his hand.

"Yeah- yeah sorry, you just startled me," I smile.

He chuckles, "Well okay then.. but we should probably get going, we're going to go on soon."

I nod and everone gets up and walks out the room and down the hall eventually till we get to the side of the stage. They all got their gear together and prepared to run out. When no one was looking, Patrick gave a quick kiss on my cheek and smiled at me. He was so adorable. I smile back and do a little girly wave before he runs on with the rest of them, leaving Liz and I behind. I almost started panicking when I realize the guys wouldn't be here to help if Jason showed up. Liz is... just a little to small for that.

Suddenly the boys start playing, making the floor shake from under me. My heart pounds in my chest and I keep glancing over my shoulder just in case.

"Hey, I'm going to the bathroom okay?" Liz shouts over the music.

"I'll... I'll come with you," I shout back.

She just nods her head and we walk down the hall, listening as the music dies down just a little.

She walks into a stall and I do too. I didn't even have to go, I just walked in waited and flushed the toilet to make it seem like I actaully went. When I walk out, Liz is already washing her hands and I do too. I stare at myself in the mirror and wonder why Jason would be coming back for me. Look at this face. He could of at least went for someone attractive all those years ago. And what about Patrick? What made him say I was beautiful at that pond? What even makes him want to be with me? Why do these people even want to look at me?

I stop the water running in the sink and dry my hands.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Liz asks, drying her hands as well.

"Nothing," I mumble.

"Come on, Claire, tell me."

"I said nothing!" I didn't mean to shout. I just snapped and I wish I could take it back. I could tell I startled Liz.

I quickly turn around and rush out the door and down the hall. I just wanted to get away from everyone but I can't because I shouldn't be alone, no when Jason is looking for me.

Oh no, I am alone.

I look around and I don't recognize where I am. I must have taken a wrong turn and didn't notice. Shit shit shit.

I try going back the way I came but I wasn't paying any attention where I was going in the first place.

I abrubtly stop when I hear his voice. "There you are. Good girl, you didn't tell anyone. Too bad actually, I was kind of looking forward to getting back on Patrick for kissing you. But I am a man of my word... sometimes," He smiles.

I just glare at him, hoping that would do something. It didn't.

"So why don't you just come with me, and we can work all this out," He says, walking toward me.

"No," I take a step back.

"No?"

"you heard me. You've already hurt me enough, and I'm done."

"Oh really now," He chuckles.

I gulp, wishing I didn't say that. He grabs my arm tight and loses his smile. "You're coming with me whether you like it or not."

I let a tear slip and I just nod, looking down at the floor.

"Good. Now let's go."