36

Jo's POV

The next morning I woke up with an extreme headache and feeling very nauseous. I hate it when me and Lando fight. I got up from the couch and made us both coffee and went into the bedroom. He was still asleep. I put his mug on the nightstand next to him and drank mine as I was busy getting ready. Once I finished, I left the room, not in the mood for Lando at this moment.
I walked over to Carlos' suite and knocked on the door. "Hey sis." He says when he saw me, I give him a tight hug. "Are you okay?" He asked me as he made way for me to enter the room. "Not really, is Bec up? I need a girlfriend right now and Taylor is at another hotel so I can't talk to her now." I explain. "Yeah, she's in the kitchen having breakfast. I will just grab my bowl and give you some privacy." He says giving me another hug. "Thanks bro." I tell him and follow him to the kitchen. Rebecca's face lights up when she sees me, "Hey stranger." She says, getting up and hugging me. I hug her back. "Heyy Bec, sorry for barging in like this. I just really need a girl's company." I tell her, feeling tears form in my eyes. "Oh honey, what's the matter?" She asks. I start telling her the whole story of what happened with Lando last night. "I can't believe he spoke to you like that! I will beat his ass." She says. She made us coffee and we went outside to smoke. We talked for quite a while before my phone rang. It's Lando. I ignore the call and finished my coffee. Then I drove with Carlos, Charles and Rebecca to the paddock.

Lando's POV

I am freaking out. When I woke up this morning, Jo was gone. I messed up big time last night. I am still in a shit mood but I am really worried about her.
I walked out to the car that was waiting for me and we made our way to the paddock. Once I arrive I see her doing an interview with Oscar. A sigh of relief left my body, when I notice another reporter approach me. "Hey Lando. Jo is not feeling well so she is leaving when she is finished with Oscar's interveiw, I will be taking over for her, you can follow me." She explains as I keep my eyes on Jo the entire time, knowing she is fine, she just does not want to talk to me. I nod my head and follow her for the interview.
As soon as the interview ended, I ran out to find Jo but she had already left. I sigh and make my way to track for quali.
Quali went alright. I finished P5 which was not bad, but also not what I would have wanted. I grab my phone and saw a text from Jo: "Congrats on P5. I am spending the night at Carlos."
I text her back: "I am sorry about yesterday. I will give you some space. I love you."

Jo's POV

I read Lando's text but chose not to reply. I put my phone down and focused on the movie which me, Rebecca and Taylor were currently watching, curled up in blankets. They new exactly what I needed right now.
Shortly after, Carlos and Charles arrived with a lot of pizza. I smile at them and Charles came to sit down next to me. "Carlos told me what happened, so I brought comfort food, are you okay?" He asks me and I just nod my head before resting it on his shoulder. He cuddled up next to me. "Careful, if Lando sees you now, you are dead meat." Carlos says when he saw us, laughing at his own joke and I just roll my eyes at him. "What? Too soon?" He asked when no one responded. "If you don't shut your mouth, you are the one that will be dead meat." I say sarcastically making everyone around my laugh. "Rude." He scoffs making me laugh along with the others.

We all stuffed our faces with pizza as we watched another movie together and then we all decided that it was time for bed, it's a big day tomorrow.
Me and Taylor crashed on the couch as the other went over to their rooms. "Thank you for being here." I tell Taylor. "Anytime babe, you guys will sort it out, you'll see." She says and gave me a hug. I hug her back and we said goodnight and switched off the lights.

The next morning we all woke up around the same time. We got ready for race day. We all left together and arrived at the paddock. I walk past the fans, some of them asking why I am not arriving with Lando, but I just ignore them and walk towards McLaren for pre race interviews. I finished with Oscar and sighed when Lando came to stand infront of me. I did his interview and when we finished he asked me to meet him in his driver room.
"Hey" he says as I enter the room. "Hey" I say softly. "Baby I am so sorry about the fight. I miss you so much. I don't know what came over me, I have been in the worst mood ever since we arrived here." He explains. Then there was knocking at the door indicating that it was time for him to go. "It's fine, Lando. The race is more important at the moment. Go out there and show them what you got. I love you." I say and walk over to him and give him a kiss. He kisses me back. "Thanks baby. I promise I will make this right." He says and I gave him a small smile and nod my head. He then walks off and I follow him in the corridor. He turns around and ran back to me giving me one last passionate kiss and then he disappeared into the crowd of engineers who was waiting for him.